How is Anguilla after the hurricane?

Old Jun 6th, 2018, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
How is Anguilla after the hurricane?

Hi, we are planning a trip to Anguilla next spring, and were wondering if you think everything will be up and running at that point? From what I have been reading I it seems like they're still dealing with stuff from the hurricane? Thanks for any information.
Old Jun 6th, 2018, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where have you been getting your info as it may be out of date. Things are pretty much back to normal now and by next spring it's doubtful you'll even notice there was a hurricane (of course that assumes there aren't any more storms between now and when you go.
Old Jun 7th, 2018, 01:29 AM

Blanchards, both the restaurant and beach shack are not reopening until Nov 2018, if there are specific restaurants you want to go to I would check if they will be open by the time you go, which I expect they would be
Old Jun 7th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi RoamsAround, I was looking at some reviews on trip advisor. There were some people saying there was still a lot of debris all over the beach and a lot of things closed. Well, hopefully it will still be even better by next spring. Also, just curious if you had to pick your favorite beach there, what would it be? Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 7th, 2018, 11:01 AM

Had to pick a favorite beach - the island has 35 different ones, each special in their own right. Shoal Bay, Meads Bay, Rendezvous Bay, Maundays Bay and Savannah Bay are among the ones that get my vote.
Old Jun 10th, 2018, 02:43 PM

I was in Anguilla in December and will go back again for my 8th trip next February. When we were there in December I was amazed at how much progress had been made and the resilience of the Anguillian people. Join the Anguilla for Tourists group on Facebook. It is filled with current trip reports and suggestions/reviews from recent visitors. Yes, there are few restaurants and hotels that haven't reopened yet, but, don't let that detour you. You will still experience the kindness of the Anguillian people, the amazing beaches and scrumptious food.