Search

hotels/St.Martin

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 12:24 PM
barbjack

hotels/St.Martin

Can anyone reccommend a charming quiet hotel on the beachfront in St. Martin?

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Annie

We went to St. Martin twice in the past 3 to 4 years. We stayed at Anse Margot each time. It is a small, quiet hotel on the lagoon across the street from the beach. It is not far from Marigot. There's a nice restaurant on the property and a bar by the pool. There are a couple of restaurants near the beach across the street. Rooms are pleasant. Patios have outdoor sink, fridge, table, chairs. Breakfast buffet was very nice. If you go, ask for a room away from the restaurant, pool, bar. View of the lagoon is better and grounds are prettier. We haven't been back for a while now, but we liked it at that time.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Annie

PS: The beach I mentioned is Baie Nettle.

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 04:13 PM
x

The Petit Hotel in Grand Case. I've stayed at the sister hotel L'Esplanade (which isn't beachfront, but on the hill overlooking Grand Case bay). Both hotels have a web site.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 07:04 AM
Hugh

Most nice hotels in Grand Case are on the beach. Also, I've recommended this one before, but Mary's Boone Resort is a great little place on the beach right next to the airport. It's run by Americans, and has great villa rooms with double French doors that open right on the beach.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 09:38 AM
Annie

The last time we were in St. Martin we went to Mary's Boon for dinner and found out that their dining room and reception area were totally destroyed and washed out to sea by a hurricane. This was several years ago - have they rebuilt? It does have a great spot on the beach!

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 12:05 PM
kim

Thumbs Up for Mary's Boon, everything is rebuilt and is wonderful, right on the beach, have your morning coffee in your pj's right on the beach. They also have a cool observation deck to watch the planes come. And you do not get blown away by the planes its quite fun!!