Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Hotel recommendations/travel tips for Aruba?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2019, 04:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My boyfriend and I will most likely be traveling to Palm Beach, Aruba sometime in the fall (yes, I know it is hurricane season). I have been looking into different hotels/resorts and wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations! We are a young couple in our 20s so loud music/nightlife doesn't bother us. We plan on laying by the pool and beach during the day and going out at night (not all nights but probably most).

I would prefer to stay at an all Inclusive, but this is not a must and am open to staying somewhere else. We've also looked into a few Airbnbs.

We also plan on trying out some excursions while we're there. Possibly jetski's and boat trips if they offer that! Any recommendations for those would also be appreciated

Thank you in advance!
Old Jul 11th, 2019, 04:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We did the jeep tour with DePalm tours. It included a snorkel trip to DePalm Island which was great.
Old Jul 17th, 2019, 08:40 AM
J62

Aruba is outside the hurricane belt.
Old Jul 17th, 2019, 11:07 PM

Aruba can be affected by hurricanes however.
Old Jul 30th, 2019, 08:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
We have stayed at the Marriott several times and it is a very nice hotel. Hyatt is closer to the bars/nightlife.
Our friends stayed at the condo resort Divi and liked it very much.
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 03:24 PM

We have been to Aruba many times. You can do an all inclusive but the restaurants in Aruba are fantastic. I would suggest eating in the many restaurants Aruba has to offer. Wacky Wahoo Madamn Jeanette for a special p.m. out, Sunset grill Smokey Joes the Driftwood in Orangestad. The Marriot is an excellent choice. Great location as well. Yes DePalm tours are awesome also there is a jeep tour, ABC tour but it is bumpy and exciting. Not for the faint of heart for sure! If you are an adventurous couple you will love it. Enjoy!
Old Aug 27th, 2019, 10:48 AM

Aruba is not a destination that's dominated by all-inclusive resorts, so you won't have that many options if you want to go AI. There are hotels that offer meal plans or even all-inclusive plans that may not represent the best deal financially, but I don't think the majority of people choose Aruba for all-inclusive resorts. If that's really what you want, you might not have access to the widest range of options or the best resorts. Aruba isn't like the DR or Mexico, and there's a huge time-share component, so a lot of people end up renting condo-style units and even do shopping and cooking for themselves. I'd be willing to say that condos are more prevalent than all-inclusives.