Search

Hotel Oasis Cancun?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 09:46 AM
mudcat

Hotel Oasis Cancun?

Anybody been to this one? Cool? Crummy? (I saw a good deal on an all-inclusive package at SkyAuction.)

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 11:08 AM
???

If this hotel is in Cancun, you need to post in the Latin American forums.<BR>That's where all the Mexico info is.

Old Dec 11th, 2001, 05:14 PM
Lyn

Make sure you stay at the "Grand" Oasis. It's newer than the Oasis and the rooms are nicer. We've stayed there twice and the main attraction of this resort is the fabulous pool (1/4 mile long I believe) with several swim-up bars. The grounds are well manicured. Don't do all-inclusive. The food is not that great at the resort and there are a lot of wonderful restaurants in Cancun. Just get on the bus and take a taxi downtown.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 06:49 AM
Jenny

We stayed at the Oasis a few years ago. I would not recommend the hotel. The room was filled with mosquitos and smelled musty. In addition, we had a problem with getting hot water in the bathroom. When we called the front desk to inquire whether they could do anything about these problems, they put us on hold for a long time and then hung up.

Old Dec 31st, 2001, 12:56 PM
joyce

I felt the rooms were also very dark (too dark to read after dark). We had a problem with the toilet and it took 36 hours to get it fixed.<BR>Beautiful Pool, but I found little else at this resort attractive. Service was slow and surly.