10th anniversery help/all inclusive

Dec 30th, 2001, 11:31 AM
Don McLaurin

10th anniversery help/all inclusive

I would appreciate any help on all inclusive resorts in the carribean. I am planning our anniversery trip and would like to stay at an all inclusive resort. Would like to stay away from Jamaica and D.R., have looked at Sandals St. Lucia and Breezes Curacao. We would like to have a great view of the ocean, nice beaches and good snorkeling. (what everyone wants) Any help would be appreciated.

Dec 30th, 2001, 02:01 PM
Penney

Breezes Curacao is just opening I believe so there really is not any info as far as reviews out there yet.

Sandals St. Lucia is a very large resort - beach basically is not great at all - water can be rough, most all water sports are done over at Sandals HAlycon and the sand is dark. It is raved about for its food however and suites.

Sandals Halycon is much smaller, more romantic (we felt) and very lush and tropical. Water there is very calm.

Sandals Antigua is also a very beautiful resort - beautiful beach there and calm waters. Very tropical and romantic.

Dec 30th, 2001, 02:13 PM
Joanne

I would have to agree with Penney. If your considering all-inclusive Sandals is definitely the way to go. The Sandals in Antigua was the best vacation I've ever had and I travel quite a bit. From the Champagne at arrival to breakfast before departure. Have Fun!

Dec 30th, 2001, 02:35 PM
marni

what price range are you looking for?

Dec 30th, 2001, 03:05 PM
Trish

We, too, loved Sandals Antigua. You also mentioned Curacao. The Marriott there offers an AI. Very nice place. White sand beach, although the trade winds put out a pretty good breeze. Relaxing. The island is ideal for sightseeing

Dec 31st, 2001, 04:21 AM
Michelle

I would have to say the Barcelo Maya hotel in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico would be my pick. I have travelled throughout most of the Caribbean and have to say that this is one of the best with regards to accomodation & access to great restaurants/ ancient ruins/historical sites/ night life/excursions and water sports. Have a great time where ever you go and Happy 10th Anniversary!

Dec 31st, 2001, 07:03 AM
Ann

We recently stayes at Sandals Royal Bahamian and absolutly loved it! Beautiful property... beach was ok... Sandals Negril very nice as well!

Dec 31st, 2001, 01:01 PM
Kim

Any of the Sandals are great choices. We loved Sandals Negril for the Beach,and awsome sunset. Sandals Royal Bahamian for it beauty, Sandals St.Lucia for it pools, food and staff and just the island itself is very tropical.

Dec 31st, 2001, 01:48 PM
Karen

For a "special" trip, altho might be out of the budget, you might want to take a look at Jumby Bay off Angtigua. Absolutely wonderful and now that Elegant Hotels has assumed management I am hearing good things about it again and that it is on its way back to its former glory! Wonderful property with several choices of accomodations from jr suites to villas - off Antigua accessable only by boat.