Search

Hotel advice?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2007, 08:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel advice?

I'm currently considering the Tamarind Cove, Crystal Cove, and Colony Club on the west coast, and the Bougainvillea on the south coast for an early June anniversary trip. I'm most concerned with 1) a nice, clean room, 2) well-kept grounds, 3) a nice, sandy white beach (that isn't too crowded, if that's possible!). We're planning to go snorkeling and waterskiing, which is one of the reasons those 4 ended up on the list as those are complimentary at these hotels. I'm a fairly picky and not-adventurous eater, so an exotic cuisine is not a selling point. Any recommendations between these 4?

Thanks!
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 04:10 AM

If you don't get any replies, you may want to repost and put the name of the island in the heading of your post.
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 05:15 PM

Tamarind Cove has just been renovated and meeting all your requirements. Colony Club ditto. Crystal Cove needs a little attention but meeting your other requirements. Bougainvillea is not the place for snorkeling or waterskiing - if you want those from your hotel, choose from your other 3 options. My vote .... Tamarind Cove. You've got the beach, decent rooms, nice grounds, sandy beach, snorkeling and all the water sports you could possible imagine, other restaurants, shops, activities within a few minutes drive.
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 05:16 PM

Forgot to say - if you want to find out more stuff about Barbados and what's available to do, check out www.destinationcaribbean.net
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 01:16 AM

Elora
The West Coast options are the best for the watersports you mentioned, the South Coast tends to be a bit rougher than the West so water ski-ing is much more popular on the West. In June the water should be getting really clear for snorkling which is best in the summer months.
The South Coast is great for wind-surfing, kite-surfing etc.
I like the beach area frontage of the Colony Club the best and the staff are great and the groungs are well kept, but Tamarind cove is real nice too.
And as bajangirl says there is lots else to see and do in Barbados and destinationcaribbean is a great website. I took a safari tour which I found from there and thoroughly enjoyed seeing some off the beaten track stuff, and having a good local lunch.
Have a great time.
M