Search

honeymoon suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 01:33 PM
Ellen

honeymoon suggestions?

My fiancee and I are planning an august 2002 honeymoon and we are very overwhelmed with all the options in the caribbean. We know we want a nice all-inclusive. We would like some privacy but things to do. It would be nice also to have some pretty scenery and things to do outside other than water activities. does anyone have any suggestions? Pretty beaches would be nice also Thanks!<BR>side note: is beaches turks and caicos expensive - also, is it overrun with kids??

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 07:11 AM
Gary

Aruba may fit the bill. Check it out!

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 07:18 AM
Karen

Beaches is specifically marketed to families, so I would not recommend it for a honeymoon. If you are interested in an all inclusive, look at the Sandals properties. They are not cheap, but August is off-season so the rates will be lower. Also, do not book directly with Sandals, but look for a travel agent that can give you a package that includes airfare for the best price.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Trish

The Sandals Antigua is our favorite all-inclusive. There are plenty of things to do when you want and because it is 'couples only' you won't have any kids splashing you. The downtown area is safe if you want to venture off the property, and the tour desk can set you up with a tour of the island.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 01:18 PM
xxx

Beaches Turks was not totally over runwithkids whenwe were there - actually, very much enjoyed it. We found the food to be good, service was a tad slow but not a bother and really thought the resort to be quite beautiful. Problem is that you are limited as what to do off the resort. It is a desert island with a tiny town that opens on its own time and not much else other then visiting some of the other islands of taking a jeep tour.<BR><BR>Does have drop dead beautiful beaches though.<BR><BR>I will agree with Sandals Antigua - the property is nicely laid out, terrific staff, nice setting, beach is long and waters calm and a very romantic place.<BR><BR>There are favorable reviews posted about Ladera in St. Lucia but not sure if it is all-inclusive. St. Lucia has so many things to see. <BR><BR><BR><BR>