Reload this Page >

HONEYMOON-STLUCIA OR TURKS?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 03:44 PM
PATRICIA

MY FIANCE AND I ARE PLANNING A HONEYMOON IN MAY 2000 EITHER TO ST LUCIA OR TURKS & CAICOS. ROMANTIC ACCOMODATIONS, GOOD FOOD, AND BEACHES ARE IMPORTANT TO US. WE WANT A VACATION OF SECLUSION--BUT WOULD ENJOY A FEW DAY TRIPS--POSSIBLY FISHING AND EXPLORING THE ISLAND. CAN'T WAIT FOR HELPFUL ADVICE--WE'RE RACKING OUR BRAINS TRYING TO MAKE A DECISION. THANKS!

Old Jun 15th, 1999, 05:44 PM
leslie

We spent our honeymoon in St. Lucia.......loved it. We stayed at Sandals Halcyon (let me know if you'd like a copy of my trip report - email me) and found the island very beautiful and charming and the resort was great. Other more 'secluded' resorts (not all inclusive) are Anse Chastanet and Ladera Resort and Jalhousie Resort: all in Soufriere area where the Piton mountains are. <BR>I haven't been to Turks (yet!) but I would say from what little I know of this resort that their beaches will be better and St. Lucia is more 'green, lush and beautiful'. It depends on your priorities. St. Lucia offers lots of interesting 'nature type' things to do and it is a really romantic island in our opinion. <BR>Either one will be heavenly I'm sure! <BR>Have fun. Leslie.

Old Jun 16th, 1999, 07:16 AM
craig

we're going to Ladera in St. Lucia for our 15th anniversary in several weeks. Everything I've read from here and other places say I made the right choice. Check out www.ladera-stlucia.com I'll reply again after we get back. <BR>

Old Jun 16th, 1999, 12:12 PM
lisa

Patricia: Ladera Resort on St. Lucia is the most romantic spot I can imagine. My boyfriend and I were there in November and had an incredible time. It is very secluded and intimate. The rooms are open-air with amazing views of the mountains, the Caribbean, and the lush vegetation. You can lie in bed and count the stars. There are great day trips nearby (we went to the botanical gardens, the volcano, some local waterfalls, and hiking in the rainforest, and the rest of the time we just went to the beach and snorkeled). They shuttle you (free) to two wonderful snorkeling sites about 10 minutes away from the resort where you can snorkel right off the beach and they provide the snorkeling gear free. The food and drinks were excellent. Do a search on this site with the word "Ladera" and you should find some trip reports. Also check out Ladera's website at www.ladera-resort.com. Two other nice resorts near there are Jalousie Hilton (www.jalousie-hilton.com) and Anse Chastanet (www.ansechastanet.com). We saw those resorts and liked them too but were glad we were staying at Ladera for the privacy and uniqueness of the design. Good luck and have a great time.

Old Jun 17th, 1999, 06:19 PM
Leslie

Just got back from Turks & Caicos (Allegro Resort) the Beaches were beautiful, and very secluded, since we went during off season. However, they are doing a lot of construction there, and I imagine by May 2000 it will look completely different. The Island itself has not much to do but snorkel or dive, we had a fun time, but I was glad we didn't honeymoon there! Hope it helps, good luck! <BR>

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 07:53 PM
Carol

My husband and I just got back from St Lucia on 6/10. I've never been to Turks, but St Lucia is beautiful. It is one of the more lush and mountainous islands in the Carribean. We stayed at the Jalousie Hilton in a villa with our own private plunge pool. The beach was very nice and there was a watersport/dive center if you are interested in any watersports. We loved the Hilton, but the Ladera resort was amazing. It is located up on a hillside overlooking the Pitons and ocean. We ate dinner a couple nights at their restaurant, Dasheene (the food was great, spectacular view also). They showed us a room and it was absolutely amazing. We wished we had stayed a couple nights there. The rooms are all open on one side (no wall, window, screen, etc) overlooking the view of the Pitons (we heard that room "G" is really nice). The beds have mosquito netting around them. I think most have their own plunge pool also. The Ladera resort is one of the most unique and romantic places you could choose. The only downfall would be no air conditioning, but there was a nice breeze. Have a great honeymoon wherever you end up!

Old Jun 27th, 1999, 12:35 PM
rob

I spent 31 days at Grand Turk Island 5 years ago. The people are friendly, the beachs nice(white sand mainly) and the water truly fantastic. Though service is slow it is steady. They have plenty of snorkeling and scuba diving tours. Its not crowded either. Truly enjoyabale.

Old Jun 27th, 1999, 04:00 PM
Katt

Hi! My parents went to St. Lucia in April '99. They stayed at the Jalouise Hilton Resort, versus the Ladera Resort. (Which was their number one choice, but it was fully booked.) They had a great time, met the owner of Hilton, a very kind man. Very attentive too. It was a little bit more expensive than the Ladera Resort, but well worth it. Every little "cottage" had its own plunge pool (resembles a small jacuzzi), the housekeeper would place flowers upon the bed every morning (very romantic indeed), a remote control air conditioner (in case of a ~hot~ day). *wink wink* They had a spectacular time. Beautiful natural surroundings, the Pitons are an awe-inspiring sight, birds chirping... The hospitality was great too. I recommend St. Lucia. I still lack in visiting this island, but I highly recommend it because my parents returned quite happy. Congratulations & enjoy Patricia!!