Reload this Page >

Honeymoon - please help!

Search

Honeymoon - please help!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 03:24 AM
Angie

Honeymoon - please help!

Hi there<BR><BR>I recently got engaged, and the first thing on my list is to plan the honeymoon!! Everything else will be planned around that -I like to get my priorities straight!! I am quite open at the minute. Places I would like to visit: USVI, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Hawaii/Maui. I am open to suggestions. I have been to Barbados, Bermuda and St Lucia.<BR><BR>What we want is:<BR><BR>Luxurious hotel, private hottub/pool, room right on a beach, hotel with excellent food, yet plenty of good restaurants on the island we love eating out), a bit of nightlife(nothing wild!), not too many children (sorry!), a nice shopping town.<BR><BR>Sorry this is so wide and so long, I want to see what suggestions I get and then I will narrow it down.<BR><BR>Many thanks!<BR><BR>Angie

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 06:07 AM
tabatha

Congrats Angie! <BR><BR>Jamaica, I would not reccomend if you like going outside the resort. Its just not a good idea. I was impressed with Nassau, Bahamas although I am very partial, I was married there this past may and spent 2 weeks! But great food, great people, music, very relaxing!

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 07:45 AM
Doc

I'm planning an early 10yr anniversary. Good places I've found so far:<BR>Ritz Carlton-Cancun, Mexico<BR>Four Seasons-Punta Mita, Mexico<BR>Four Seasons-Hualalai, Hawaii<BR>Couples Swept Away-Jamaica<BR>Caneel Bay-St.John,USVI<BR>Ritz Carlton-St.Thomas,USVI (honeymooned here myself...5*)<BR>Little Palm Island-Little Torch Key, FL<BR><BR>Hope this helps!

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 08:20 AM
Tiffany

Angie - I am partial to Antigua because I was married there less than a month ago. We stayed at Sandals Antigua and had the time of our lives!! The landscaping was incredible and the beach/water was breathtaking!! Now I know Sandals is not for everyone (it was our first Sandals and Caribbean experience so it suited us just fine). There is a resort located on it's own private 300 acre island called Jumby Bay, you may want to check it out. <BR><BR>There is not a lot of night life except for the party at Shirley Heights on Sundays. I do know there was a restaurant / bar that was open air and right on the same beach as Sandals. It looked to be happening at night but not too much of a party scene. If you have any questions or would like to see pictures, please feel free to email me. Congrats and good luck!!

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 09:00 AM
xxx

We are partial to St. John, USVI. GORGEOUS beaches, pretty town, great restaurants, specatacular villas to rent. It was a fantasy island to us.<BR><BR>We spent almost a year researching as you are doing now and all who wrote to me about St. John we so right in their advice to us <BR><BR>USVI online forum was a wealth of information and honest reports. It was an amazing island and honeymoon.<BR><BR>Congrats!!!<BR><BR>

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 04:27 PM
Sami

My husband and I honeymooned in Hawaii. We got engaged on a cruise going through the southern carribean which I loved but for your honeymoon you must do Hawaii. Hawaii was beautiful. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton in Maui and it was worth every penny. I want to go back! We went to the Big Island and Oahu as well. THe Big Island was ok - good for a short visit - Oahu was great I would definitely recommend a stop there as well. Maui however was the best. Great for honeymoons!

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 11:01 PM
Sally

Sounds like Anguilla has about everything you are looking for - beautifu beaches, very luxurious hotels, gourmet dining and very quiet with few children at most places. We were there this summer and loved it! One place that is much recommended for honeymooners is Cap Juluca - we didn't stay there but visited it a few times and it did look stunning. Anguilla would certainly meet all your criteria except for the nightlife perhaps. I don't think there is all that much (but there is some). Also, it is not a lush island but it does have the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen.