Search

Honeymoon help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 07:48 AM
Lin Delamaine

Honeymoon help

We are finally (after 15 years together) getting married and want the perfect place. It has to do the wedding for us and be rather exclusive - good food, good wines, beautifull rooms, great snorkelling, hiking, stunningly beautifull. Any suggestions?

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 08:25 AM
Michel

Hi Lin, <BR> <BR>First of all, congratulations to both of you on your upcoming wedding! My suggestion is Point Village, near Negril (Jamaica). People, food, rooms... are great and the resort is located on about 20 acres of lush, tropical landscape. If you go, be sure not to miss the sunset cruise (the most gorgeous sunsets we've seen). Point Village also offers fabulous snorkeling from the beach and there is a dive centre. It is located about a 15-minute drive from the town of Negril. I know they handle weddings but you would have to do a little research regarding the cost... Have fun! <BR>

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 09:27 AM
Michel

Hi again Lin, <BR> <BR>I just read (in the Signature Vacations All-inclusive book) that Point Village offers FREE WEDDINGS on a minimum of 5 nights stay. Ask your travel agent for details. <BR>

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 11:01 AM
lisa

You may want to think about Ladera in St. Lucia. My boyfriend and I were there last November for a week and it was absolutely incredible. If you do a search on this forum with the word "Ladera" you will find lots more on it. I can't attest to what it would be like to get married there but I know they have lots of information on their website at www.ladera-resort.com -- see what you think.

Old Sep 10th, 1999, 12:31 PM
Caryn

The best place for you to go, from what you described, sounds like Cap Juluca on Anguilla. It is amazing, beautiful, great beaches, good food and easy access to other islands that have more nightlife. It's the perfect trip and I highly recommend it.

Old Sep 11th, 1999, 09:12 AM
waggie

My husband and I have been to 3 caribbean islands -- all wonderful but different. Grand Cayman -- very pretty, clean, great food, excellent snorkeling, flat and easy to get around, no poverty. It was our belated honeymoon, and we had a fabulous time there. Our next trip was to Virgin Gorda in the BVI. We flew into Tortola's airport and ferried over to VG. The ferry ride over offered spectacular scenery, as did all of VG. It's a quiet island with little nightlife, but there are enough things to do there. Islanders are friendly and welcoming, and you don't need to worry about crime. You can snorkel at the famous "Baths" for a couple hours, and all your things will be waiting for you on the beach when you return. Our cottage didn't even have a room key! Not a whole lot of shopping, but who cared? Upon our arrival to VG, we saw a couple getting married on a boat dock. VG is very, very scenic. Our third trip was to St. John, USVI, which is also quite scenic with many beaches. The islanders are not as welcoming, but we had no problems. Restaurants were all excellent. We rented a villa and had our own pool. Great for skinny dipping. A villa can also be more economical than a resort. I would recommend any of these destinations, but I don't know any details about getting married at any of them. Feel free to email me if you want any more info. Good luck and congrats!!!

Old Sep 14th, 1999, 09:39 AM
Julia

I echo Cap Juluca on Anguilla. <BR> <BR>Check out: www.capjuluca.com <BR> <BR>Its been voted a top resort for many years.

Old Sep 16th, 1999, 06:53 PM
julie

We got married on St Croix at the Bucanneer which is a great resort but I also have seen a show on TV which showed a wedding at Four Seasons on Nevis and this looked like the place you might want to check out. I actually looked into this when i was making my plans but I think it was alittle steep for our budget. i know people who have been to this resort and say how wonderful it is. Also another place is St John-Westin which is great and has a wedding planner on premeises. good Luck!