Search

Honeymoon Help!

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon Help!

Hello all, I'm looking for a place to honeymoon in June 09. I would like for it to be a late 20s, early 30s crowd that is semi-secluded and all-inclusive. I would also like for it to have many activities and/or good dining options. White sand beaches preferred, along with mountain/rain forest terrain. Any and all suggestions welcome! Thanks!
Old May 10th, 2008, 03:51 PM

Generally speaking the islands with white sand beaches are coral/limestone based and are usually relatively flat, arid and scrubby and don't have anything that resembles rainforests. The lush mountainous islands that have rainforests are volcanic in origin and have darker sand beaches.

You can find the combination your are seeking (white sand and rain forests) on parts of the Dominican Republic and Jamaica. Those islands are quite large so you have to do your research on picking a resort that meets your definition of semi-secluded. Remember the more secluded your resort the further away you be from the "off-resort" tourist related activities.
Old May 10th, 2008, 04:45 PM

All-inclusive precludes dining choices. A.I. are generally not a bargain. You have many resort choices not A.I., where you can explore, go to restaurants, nitelife, and not be tied to your own hotel. Jamaica has a lot of what you want. Grenada is lush/rain forested, with mostly white sand beaches. Barbados is a coral island with sparkling white sand beaches, but with hilly lush parts of the island. Martinique is spectacular, with some white sand beaches. St. John has some of the most gorgeous white sand beaches in the Caribbean, and a fair amount of mountainous terrain. Caneel Bay Hotel on St. John is one of the most romantic places on earth, can be had A.I., and sits on a private 170 acre peninsula in the National Park, with 7 tree-shaded white sand beaches, all with wade-in snorkeling. 3 restaurants on the property, town only a few minutes away. Take a look at their video on their website www.caneelbay.com As nice as the video is, it doesn't begin to do justice to this paradise-on earth.
Old May 13th, 2008, 11:27 AM

I think Jamaica is going to be your best bet. The beaches in Jamaica are truly spectacular. The water is that beautiful turquoise color. Best of all, there are many A/I resorts where everything is included in one price. The nice thing about this is that you are free to enjoy what most newlyweds value most – spending time together.
Old May 15th, 2008, 07:53 PM

I loved Grenada and Spice Island and La Luna are gorgeous AI's. Can't help with the necessity of a 20 something crowd though. Not sure the age group but we were 20 somethings when we went. Also, off the track but have you considered the Cook Islands in the S. Pacific? Rarotonga? Outstanding experience and so romantic. Their "Out" islands like Aitutaki are also totally surreal with the most remarkable beauty. Whatever you choose, it'll be wonderful!
Old May 17th, 2008, 09:39 AM

Try looking into St.Lucia maybe Sandals Halcyon. Smaller resort but exchange privilegs to the other 2 larger resort.
Old May 18th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the responses! I will look into them all.