Reload this Page >

Honeymoon Cruise on Royal Caribbean in May98

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 1997, 11:43 AM
Candy Pointe

We're thinking about taking a Royal Caribbean cruise for our honeymoon. Has anyone gone in mid-May? We've never taken a cruise. Where in the ship is best to stay? How much spending money do we need? Where can we find the best deal? Anything you can offer would be great, as we know next to nothing!

Old Nov 12th, 1997, 05:47 PM
Kathy

We have taken two R.C. Cruises and absoultely loved them. We traveled on the Monarch of the Seas and Splendour of the Seas. We had a cabin in the middle of the ship on the Monarch and A cabin in the very back of the ship on the Splendour. This cabin had a balcony and it was wonderful. Very private and like a little piece of heaven. What a nice option to take. Any questions, please e-mail me. Good luck with your plans

Old Nov 15th, 1997, 08:22 PM
Deb

May can be a great time to go as it is off season and prices are better. Find a good reputable agent in your area and they will help and advise on various cruise lines. Why did you choose RCCL? As to location, on a large ship it doesn/t make alot of difference although I won/t stay in an inside cabin. Midship is usually the smoothest but again on mega ships it isn/t that important. Good luck..it/s a wonderful experience!!

Old Nov 15th, 1997, 11:44 PM
Bob

We were on the Monarch of the Seas with an inside cabin and had no problem with it. It seems like the only time spent in the cabin was to change clothes or to sleep and the cost savings are quite substantial. I would also recommend midship cabin for smoother ride and also ease of getting around. You will do a lot of walking on the ship...they are all huge. ENJOY

Old Nov 18th, 1997, 08:01 PM
Rod Hoots

My wife and I just finished our sixth cruise on RCCL (out of 25 cruises). In our opinion, it's the best line next to Crystal and we've thoroughly enjoyed three different RCCL ships. Go to a good travel agent right away and ask them to check out any discounts or special deals. You may still be able to get an early booking discount. Don't know your financial situation, but if possible get an outside cabin with a verandah - it adds greatly to the enjoyment of a cruise. When aboard, you can set up a shipboard account with any credit card and charge virtually everything to it - it will be billed to your credit card in a lump sum. The only problem with a cruise is that you never want to go any other way again. Enjoy!

Old Nov 20th, 1997, 06:00 PM
Jacqui

Hi Cathy, Congradulations on your engagement. I read that you are looking for advise on cruises. I am a part time travel agent and specialize in honeymoon cruising. I have to admit not because I am a Travel Agent that Cruises are an absolute terrific way of going on a honeymoon like everyone else has commented. Cruises are all inclusive that means your food that you'll never go hungry and it's delicious, but all the activities throughout the day if you want to enjoy that but you also spend time together. When the ship reaches to the port there are also shore excursions but they are extra charges for those. A cruise is the best way to go for a honeymoon and your honeymoon comes out to not expensive afterall you will have spent quite a bit on your wedding, so it's time to relax and enjoy your new life together. If you would need any help or have any questions please feel free to E-mail me. Congradulations!