Reload this Page >

Honeymoon at Anse Chastanet Resort ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Cari

Has anyone been to Anse Chastanet Resort in St Lucia? Wondering what you thought. Looking for an upscale romantic type of resort.

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 04:58 AM
Sasha

I was there a few years back to scuba dive but didn't stay at the hotel. The hotel is up the hill but is supposed to be lovely. Located on a secluded cove, you can scuba and snorkel right from the beach. Very nice for beginners.

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Young

We went to Anse Chastanet last May; I loved it, my husband did not. The no A/C was very tough on him even though there was a ceiling fan. Also the bugs really got to him. Both of us had a lot of bites by the end of the trip. We always slept under the moisquito net, kept the light off in the evening and burned mosquito coils once we left for dinner. There are also other little critters that get into the rooms like birds and ghekkos but we didn't mind them. There are a lot of stairs and walking to do as everything is on different levels (restaurant, rooms, beach). I am very out of shape so every climb was grueling. My husband is in shape but with the heat, he would be sweating by the time we reached the restaurant (we had a beach level room).<BR><BR>We really enjoyed the food. If you stay here, definitely get the MAP as it will get expensive to pay for all meals. Dinners were especially nice as they were 5 course gourmet meals. The staff was very friendly and always helpful. I really enjoyed the snorkelling there which was just off the beach on both sides. The selection of coral and types of fish was great. I was surprised to see some pretty large fish too. We only encountered jellyfish twice on the trip but I was snorkelling at least twice a day for a week. There is an old plantation just off the second beach which was nice to explore. We also did a tour of the rainforest which was interesting but a lot of walking up and down stairs.<BR><BR>The resort is very simple, quiet and relaxed. Overall it definitely isn't for everyone. Good luck!<BR><BR><BR>

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 01:21 PM
mark

my wife and i went there in november 2000 and march 2001 and loved it. no t.v.'s, radios or newspapers. stayed in romm 7e at the top of the hill. yes it is quite a walk but worth the view. food was great and so was staff. beach was wonderful black sand beach and water very clear. it is not for everyone but all the guests we spoke to loved it. we will be returning again.

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Joe

We stayed at the Jalousie Hilton and loved it. Anse Chastenet is also very nice. The steps are steep. The snorkeling and scuba is better at Anse Chastenet. Jalousie has more amenities and a better if less athentic beach(white sand vs. volcanic grey). There is no pool at Anse Chastenet. The rooms are open which is a neat concept. The rooms are also open at Ladera (but not at Jalousie). Ladera has a spectacular view (actually all of these views are great, so it is hard to compare). The food at Ladera was great. The food at jalousie was mixed, but very good at the Plantation House. Ladera guests have to ride down the hill to go to the jalousie beach and for that reason I would favor jalousie although Ladera is a more fantastical setting. Anyway you go you can't lose, just don't feel tied down to where you are - take a water taxi or a regular taxi around and explore the other resorts, beaches, and restuarants. go to Bang between the Pitons for dinner on Wednesday night. have fun.