HI EVERYONE

Old Nov 10th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI EVERYONE

WE ARE BOOKED AND SPENDING A WEEK IN ST LUCIA. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ON THINGS TO DO, ISLAND JUMPING, RESTAURANTS ETC. WE WILL BE THERE LAST WEEK OF JANUARY AND WE ARE STAYING AT THE COCO PALM. HAS ANYONE USED THIS HOTEL? WHATS YOUR THOUGHTS?
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 02:44 PM

You may want to repost using ST LUCIA in the title of your post.
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 08:36 PM
KVR

Look at www.sunlinktours.com for things to see and do.

St. Lucia is a very beautiful Island. Do lots of sightseeing.
Old Nov 13th, 2006, 04:07 PM

Nicolino, the Coco Palm is beautiful. We stayed at the sister property Coco Kreole but used the facilities at the Palm. We used the local bus to go into Castries. We also went to Seraphine Point to shop. There is lots to do in the area. We ate at about eight restaurants. The food range from Pizza to fish to steak to local favorites. We loved the beach and took several tours. There are taxis on the main road, we took several tours, the drive through volcano, to see the Pitons, and Pigeon Island to name a few. We didn't get to go to the jump up which is near there because of the Easter holiday. There are plenty of clubs and bars. There is so much to do I would take hours to write. When you are tire you can relax around the pool. There is entertainment on certain nights at the Coco Palm. If you see a guard name Owin tell him Brenda said hello. The staff is excellent and helpful, you will definitely enjoy yourself.
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 12:54 PM

We also will be at the Coco Palm January 18 - 28th. When are you going exactly? This is my 12th trip to SL -- You picked a great hotel and a great area. You're smack dab in the middle of tons of restaurants and bars, all within walking distance of Coco Palm, so you'll have a wide variety of options to choose from. Do a day excursion to the South side of the Island to see the Pitons, Botanical Gardens, Soufriere, Marigot Bay, etc. I'd skip the volcano, though. Not really worth it. Do the Friday night Jump Up in Gros Islet or the Fish Fry in Anse La Raye. Anse La Rayne is about a 1/2 hour drive away. Gros Islet is about 5-10 mins. If you have any other questions, let me know. I'd be happy to help.
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 11:11 AM

Hi Okey

Wow 12 trips to St lucia..I bet you could find your way around in your sleep....lol, Say do you know of any quite off the beaten path beaches? We will be staying at the Rendezvous the second week in Jan. Have you done any fishing and could your suggest a charter outfit...thanks Rocc
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

hey okie, thanks for all the info, seems you know what your talking about with 12 return trips. you made up feel wonderful about picking st lucia since its our first time. where are you from? we are from nyc.
Old Nov 19th, 2006, 09:56 AM

On Friday nights, my opinion is that fish night at Anse La Raye is better than the Gros Islet jump-up. If you go to Anse La Raye, unless you absolutely, positively gotta have a lobster, get fish instead. The vendors have caught onto the fact that Americans are gaga for lobsters and charge outrageous prices for them. The fish, on the other hand is dirt cheap (about $4 US for a whole grilled fish). For souvenirs, t-shirts, woven baskets, etc., go to the market in Castries.
Regarding off the beaten path beaches -- there are several very small coves located in the national park at Pigeon Point that are pretty nice. (Pigeon Point is about a mile from where you are staying.) After you enter the park, just follow the paths that go along the waterfront until you reach one that you like. Also, there's a beach in Cap Estate (about 2-3 miles from your hotel) called Smuggler's Cove that is really nice (if you don't mind walking down about 100 rickety stairs to get from the parking lot to the beach). If you are driving, ask someone for directions to LeSport Hotel. Then, just before you make the last right turn onto the hotel property, turn left and the beach is a couple hundred yards down the road. There's a little stand there that sells drinks and snacks. Halcyon Beach is also nice, although not as secluded as the other ones I mentioned. One last note -- all beaches in St. Lucia are free and open to the public, even the beaches where the main resorts are. La Toc Beach is very nice, although not very secluded. To reach it, you actually enter the Sandals Regency Resort property and drive about half a mile down the road. There's a parking lot on the left. The public entrance to the beach is small path a few hundred yards further down the road just before the guard shack.
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 08:54 AM

Nicolino: I'm from Wisconsin, and you being from NY understand how important it is to get away in the winter months!! We'll probably see each other at the Coco Palm. What's your exact dates??
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 08:56 AM

Rocc -- Dominick2 has done a great job at responding to your question of off the beaten path beaches. As far as fishing, I never have, but once you get to SL, check with a local and they'll lead in the right direction on that! I used to be able to find my way around with my eyes closed, but now things are changing so rapidly there, it's getting a bit more difficult!
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 01:10 PM

By the way, the distances that I gave to beaches are from the Coco Palm. I just noticed that the person who asked about beaches is staying at Rendezvous which I think is right near Vigie Airport. So you should add about 5 miles to the distances that I gave to Pigeon Point and Cap Estate.
Old Nov 20th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

hey okie,

i understand running from the cold completely. looking forward to the rest relaxation and ocean. who ar you traveling with. hopefully we can have a drink together. have a great thanksgiving holiday

Old Nov 20th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

okie, we are going to be staying at the coc palm from january 23 thru the 30th. im sure we'll meet up somehow
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 05:29 AM

Nicolino: Then we will overlap somewhat. We're there the 18th to 28th. It's a girl's getaway. Originally there were 3 of us, but our friend's husband has had a horrible accident, and now she can't go, so it's just myself and another friend. How about you? We won't be hard to miss, and will be glad to give you some inside info on what to do once you get there. We should definitely meet for a cocktail or three!
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

hey okie,

sorry to hear about your friends husband. i hope all works out for them. i am traveling with my partner and friend and looks like we will overlap for at least 5 days, fun fun fun and sure we could have a drink or 3. :0 so tell me okie im curious to know what you mean by you you two wont be hard to miss? please do explain. thanks so much for all your info and being so friendly. more people should be like you, it would make the world a better place to live
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 01:34 PM

http://www.jungletoursstlucia.com/

Niolino,

We used these folks for a tour of the island. It was the best tour we took. I will always remember this tour. Well worth it. They go to areas off the beaten path, and you get a great flavor for the Island. Highly recommend it.
Old Nov 22nd, 2006, 06:05 AM

Nicolino: awwww...thanks so much for the kind words! We won't be hard to miss cause...well, not that we're super obnoxious or loud Americans, but we definitely like to be in the center of the fun, and we tend to laugh a lot. Plus, my friend is a tall curly haired 20 something brunette, and I'm a 30 something blonde -- completely opposite looking, so not hard to miss. What about your group?? I assume this is your first time to SL??
Old Nov 22nd, 2006, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

OKIE DOKIE LOL! IM TRAVELING WITH ONE FRIEND WHO IS ALSO MY PARTNER. WE HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE CARRIBEAN BUT WE HAVE NEVER BEEN TO ST LUCIA. SO YES THIS WILL BE OUR FIRST TIME. SO, A LOUD BRUNETTE AND A BLONDE SOUNDS QUITE INTERESTING. IM SURE ILL PICK YOU BOTH OUT IMMEDIATELY. I AM ITALIAN EARLY 50'S BORN AND RAISED IN DA BRONX SO YOU TAKE IT FROM THERE. MY PARTNER IS A MORE SUBDUED CUBAN/AMERICAN LATE 30'S RAISED IN MASSACHUSETTES. IM SURE WE CAN HAVE A FEW LAUGHS TOGETHER.
Old Nov 29th, 2006, 06:39 AM

Nicolino: Doesn't sound like you'll be hard to miss either! LOL....we shall definitely keep an eye out for you starting the 23rd! I too have been to many caribbean islands, but, obviously since I've been there so many times, SL is my fav! It's coming up quickly! YAH. If you have any questions you need answered before you go, let me know. Will be happy to help!
Old Dec 1st, 2006, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

OKIE, IM AN ITALIAN FROM DA BRONX I ALWAYS HAVE QUESTIONS! I MUST SAY YOUR QUITE THE COMIC AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU LADIES. I MUST TELL YOU YOUR RIGHT ABOUT US NOT BEING HARD TO MISS,IM 4'3 TALL,BALD, ALWAYS DRESS IN LEATHER AND TRAVEL WITH MY PET MONKEY, MY PARTNER IS 6'5 AS HAIRY AS MY PET MONKEY,HAS A WOODEN LEG WITH THE NAME PEG CARVED IN IT AND WEARS A TUTU. SO YOU SEE WE ALWAYS TURN HEADS AND GET LOTS OF ATTENTION WHEREVER WE GO. TAKE MY EMAIL AND KEEP IN TOUCH WE CAN TALK BETTER THAT WAY. OH JUST IN CASE I DONT BITE. LOL! I HAVE LOTS OF QUESTIONS SO EMAIL ME. [email protected]
AND THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -