Hertz President's Circle rental in Puerto Rico

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2024, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone can provide some recent info about the Hertz rental process at San Juan Airport in PR. Googling, I see some outdated threads warning about Hertz, indicating they downgrade rather than upgrade, and saying that you shouldn't book online. Is this true? Generally my experience with Hertz has been that booking online is quick and easy, you show up to the lot, go to the President's Circle area, grab a car, and go. The posts I read were talking about their car being given away if they booked online, or being given a downgrade, and then general comments about Hertz nickel and diming people both by forcing their own insurance, and blaming everyone returning cars for damage, despite people having prior pictures and videos of the vehicles.

I'm aware of Charlie's and the good reports about them, but of course having Hertz status and experience, plus the 'guaranteed upgrade' that comes with that Hertz status, I really would prefer to go with them. If the tails of woe are correct though, I'll avoid.

I trust you folks in this forum much more than most places, so I figured I'd see if I could collect some more recent info here.