Reload this Page >

Help with wedding in Peter Island

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Christina

Hi everyone. I am getting married in PETER ISLAND in less than 2 months!! Any suggestions for guest hotel accommodations in Tortola (ranging from "nice" budget to moderate/upscale)? Any tips on the ferries from Tortola to PIR? <BR><BR>As for PUERTO RICO, will be there for 3 days...am looking for a hotel that is in/near Old San Juan.<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for your help! Have a fantastic day! <BR><BR>

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 04:11 PM
scubado

Check with Peter Island for the schedule of their ferry from RoadTown or they may do a trip in their boat for your guests. Highly recommend Frenchman's Cay and do NOT recommend Long Bay on Tortola.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:51 AM
fran

I disagree with above poster about Long Bay. We had a great time when we stayed there. There are lots of posts on this forum about Long Bay. Do a search.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 06:08 AM
sandy

Beach is pretty at Long Bay but not very nice for swimming. If you like walking a football field distance away where maybe you can get in the water if it is not too rough guess it would be okay. Water very rocky and not good. But if want a swimming beach it's not a good one. No resorts on Tortola on fabulous swimming beaches

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Patty

The Peter Island ferries run from two locations on Tortola - Road Town and Beef Island with more frequent departures from Road Town - check with the resort directly for the exact schedule. Or as mentioned earlier, you may be able to arrange a special transfer for your wedding guests.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 05:27 PM
jackie

I recently took the ferry from Tortola to PIR. Round trip cost was $15pp, but if passengers have dinner reservations at the resort, there is no charge for the ferry. <BR><BR>We stayed at Long Bay; I would not stay there again. It was a good distance from the ferry and since roads are unpleasant, I think your guests would be better off staying closer to the ferry (east of Road Town.) You might check Lambert Beach Resort. It is closer to the airport and might be more convenient depending on what else they might be doing. Have you tried wheretostay.com. There is some good information on that site.<BR>

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 07:01 PM
e

As for Puerto Rico-----the Caribe Hilton(if it has re-opened since its facelift) is at the entrance to Old San Juan. I believe its the first major hotel in the Caribbean(the Pina Colada was invented there).

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Laura

I've been researching hotels in Old San Juan and the Hotel El Convento sounds excellent and close to everything. It is a restored 350 year-old Carmelite convent and very much a "bed & breakfast" experience from what I have heard. Several friends of mine from Puerto Rico highly recommend it. Rates right now are $150 and up.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Mariarosa

Hi Christina! El Convento in Old San Juan is absolutely lovely and you would be within walking distance to many nice restaurants in Old San Juan.<BR><BR>In Tortola, I have stayed at the Prospect Reef, which is a budget hotel. It's a little run-down and I think there's wide variability within their room categories (some have been remodeled, while some have not). If you have guests that are on a budget, it may be an option because it does have a convenient location, near Road Town, it has a nice restaurant, friendly staff, and it has a couple of pools (seawater and fresh water).

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:09 PM
Christina

Thanks to all who posted suggestions. I appreciate you sharing with me. Have a terrific week!