Help with Honeymoon plans

Feb 1st, 2018, 09:01 PM
Original Poster
Help with Honeymoon plans

Hello All,
Looking for advice, planning my honeymoon for October/November 2018, and would like to visit some place in the Caribbean. We are cruisers and this will be our first island stay. would like to travel for about 5-7 days, someplace we can catch a direct flight from Miami, Atlanta or Charlotte (if not direct i would love to at least avoid a super small plane). would definitely prefer an all inclusive resort, something really nice but very casual and informal. we really do not want to do much dressing up for dinner if we can avoid it. we would like to take some tours and do not want to feel like we shouldn't leave the resort. we are not really into hiking or snorkeling or anything like that but ATV rides jet skies,a day fishing trip and maybe some local bar restaurant hoping in the evening all sound awesome. honestly the most important parts to us is a beautiful beach, and super comfortable room (newer preferred) good food and drink. i am open to any suggestions on islands or resorts and have about 5k-7k to spend, really had our minds set on st martin as that seems to encompass all our wants but not sure how far into recovery they will be.
thanks in advance
Feb 2nd, 2018, 05:31 AM
How about Secrets Maroma

To be honest I am an AI snob but I was quite happy with the food/environment at Secrets. It would appear to check a lot of your boxes. Lovely AI resort, good food and drinks, café, very good beach, good to excellent rooms and a ton of included activities which you can choose or not to participate. No bars to walk to though.
Feb 2nd, 2018, 07:31 AM
Aruba has great beaches and a relaxed vibe. AI not required as there are plenty of restaurants and bars to walk to. Negril might suit too, lovely beach, fun atmosphere. There is usually a dress code for men at AI hotels, unless they have a casual restaurant where you can wear anything or it’s beach BBQ night - the better restaurants require at least long pants and trainers/shoes. St Martin would have been great too, but I’m not sure of the status, Grand Case Beach Club for instance is still closed, Le Petit Hotel will reopen 1st November.
Feb 2nd, 2018, 07:48 PM
Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestion. When you say you are an AI snob, do you think there is a better way? i am open to everything.

Search this Thread