Romantic Caribbean Vacation

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romantic Caribbean Vacation

Hello,

Thanks for clicking! I am trying to plan a 7-10 romantic (ish) vacation for my husband and I for October-November 2013. We really enjoy all inclusive resorts to force us to eat and drink as we please and not worry about money while on vacation. We are in our 20s and hope to have this trip be our "last hurrah" before trying to have kids so an adults only resort would be nice but not a requirement.

We have previously been to Cancun, Puerta Vallarta, and Cabo and would like to try something new. Puerta Vallarta was our favorite so far due to it's authenticity and overall value. We would like to be somewhat close to shopping and night life and would really love beautiful water and beaches as we will spend most of our time there. Budget would be until 4k including airfair from Chicago if possible. Thanks so much for your insight!
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 03:10 PM

Hi:

Are you absolutely stuck on all inclusive? If not, I would recommend L'Esplanade or Le Petite in St. Martin french side. Both of these boutique hotels are very romantic. Both properties are at either end of Grande Case where you will find the most spectacular food all within walking distance.

Beaches on the French side are gorgeous and you can always take a taxi to Orient Beach. You can also travel to the Dutch side for nightlife and shopping.

Because you are planning to go off season you may be able to get quite a deal on flights and the hotels recommended above.

If you want to save a little money on the resort, you can look at prices at Grande Case Beach Club.

IMO you lose a little bit of the island feel when you eat all your meals at the resort.
Old Mar 26th, 2013, 09:20 PM
KVR

The majority of AI's are in Mexico, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic.

Resorts like Secrets and the Iberostars can be found in any of those destinations and are great choices for a romantic getaway.

We have done many AI resort vacations and have found outside of those destinations, AI is really a second thought, which doesn't offer as much and is way more expensive.
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 12:15 AM

The hurricane season lasts until the end of November, October can be a bit iffy weatherwise.

The French side of St Martin is a good option, of course without AI since it is not required in the French islands, there are dining options all over.

The cliffs area of Negril, Jamaica are very beautiful with many very nice hotels eg Catcha falling star, I think this area is romantic but have no idea if there are AIs on the cliffs. St Lucia's south area around the Pitons is also romantic because the scenery is so beautiful but does not have the clear blue water nor light sand, its volcanic so dark sand and emerald green clear water, which I find very beautiful but others do not. There are several hotels which offer AI. You won't have shopping or nightlife (except whatever is on at the hotel) in this area.

I don't where you can fly to from ORD so you might be restricted, but other islands offer smaller AIs eg Cocos in Antigua and Cocobay also in Antigua for example. The beaches are very beautiful.

http://www.cocobayresort.com/antigua_hotel_home.php

http://www.cocoshotel.com/index.html
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 07:00 AM

Hi TJ,

I noticed you choose Aruba. They have great all inclusive resorts, including the RIU which I have stayed at. Did you look into Sandals in Jamaica, Antigua or st Lucia. We just returned from Antigua and had a fabulous time! My reviews are on trip advisor, if you need more help!