Reload this Page >

Help with Bahama Out Islands

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 05:53 AM
Sue

Can anyone help me with information on the Bahama Out Islands like Harbour Island, Abaco or Eleuthera. I can't find any info on the Fodors site. I am looking for hotel recommendations that won't "break the bank". Has anyone stayed at Treasure Cay Resort and Marina on Abaco, or Coral Sands Hotel on Harbour Island. Any other recommendations or info on these islands would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 06:44 AM
Eva

Sue,<BR><BR>Two great internet sources for information on the Out Islands are www.abacoboard.com (Abacos), and www.briland.com (Harbour Island).<BR><BR>I have visited both the Abacos (several times) and Eleuthera (once), but have not stayed at the properties you mention. I have stayed at the Abaco Inn and Seaspray Resort (both on Elbow Cay in the Abacos) and at the Rainbow Inn (Eleuthera). All are nice (though basic ... no luxurious marble-clad baths and room service here) but affordable resorts. Both destinations have a wide variety of attactive accomodations, and those web addresses will lead you to them. <BR><BR>E-mail me directly if you have any more questions; also, my personal website has a report of my 4/00 trip to Abaco. That address is www.homestead.com/islandtime/MainPage1.html.

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 09:45 AM
Doug

Hi Sue, Harbour Island and Eleuthera are two islands which can be enjoyed within the same vacation. There is a third neighboring island(Spanish Wells) that can also be visited. You can log on to www.bahams-island-dreams.com(then select vacation rentals) Tarpum Bay is the choice for fresh fish, local artisans and friendly folks. Feel free to email me direct for additional information on Eleuthera, places to stay and good airfare deals as well. Enjoy Eleuthera!!....Doug

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 11:36 AM
Katfish

Pssst- don't tell anyone, but Exuma is a lovely, quiet, easy little island. <BR><BR>Diving is pretty good through Exuma Dive Centre, and staying at the Peace & Plenty in Georgetown is OK, too. <BR><BR>

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Chris

Have only stayed at Coral Sands Hotel on Harbor Island. We spend a week there in November and fell in love with Harbour Island. The hotel was good, not great, but clean and probably worth the price. (They do have the best beach bar on the pink sand beach though.)<BR><BR>For what you are looking for, I would say that Coral Sands fits the description, and being able to stay on Harbour Island will make the vacation unforgettable.