Search

Caneel Bay questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 11:11 AM
chris

Caneel Bay questions

am going to caneel bay next week. does anybody know if there is a pool there? also, do they have beach chairs and parking available? thanks! chris

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Julie

Caneel does have a small pool near the tennis courts but on two visits there I have never seen anyone in it. With all those beautiful beaches and the you won't want to use it.<BR>They have reclining beach chairs at all of the beaches.<BR>There is a small parking lot at the entrance to the resort. <BR>

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 11:25 AM
julie

I meant to say: the beautiful beaches and the Caribbean blue water...

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 01:14 PM
penny

Chris-Caneel has beach chairs on all its beaches, you can get floats too. No umbrellas, but you can find shade.<BR>There are no cars on the grounds, but there is general parking, and taxi stand on the property just up the hill form the main building!

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 01:17 PM
chris

thanks for all the info! we've planned to rent a jeep for the days we are there... will we be able to park it in the general parking lot? c

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 02:54 PM
penny

Yes, no problem. Cruz Bay can be difficult to find parking spots. I was able to leave jeep with rental agency, otherwise found spots behind Mongoose Junction. At night it was easier to take taxi caravans.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 07:43 PM
St. John

St. John is entirely in the Atlantic Ocean, not the Caribbean Sea, so that blue water is actually Atlantic blue water.... (St. Croix is entirely in the Carib Sea, and St. Thomas separates the Atlantic and the Carib Sea)

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 04:49 AM
Karen

In fun, but you geopgraphy buffs out there know that the Caribbean Sea is in the Atlantic Ocean! So technically, any island that has a shore in the Caribbean is really also in the Atlantic ...