Help Us Decide Where to Go

Aug 11th, 1998, 04:33 AM
Jody Kwasniewicz

Help Us Decide Where to Go

This will be our first trip to a warm exotic location. Can you help us decide where to go and where to stay Dec. '98 or spring of '99. We're looking for warm weather, sandy beaches with clear water, lovely hotel with ocean view, pool and great food. Sightseeing, fishing, shopping, and possibly golfing would be on the agenda. This is the FIRST time hubby is venturing away from Minnesota's Boundary Waters as a vacation destination. Help me win him over with a great travel experience.

Aug 11th, 1998, 04:55 AM
Janine

Nassau/Paradise Island has everything you are looking for, but it will be a little cold in December. Spring will be OK. Fishing is best in the Bahamas.

If you eliminate the shopping criterion, Grand Turk island would work as well.

Aug 11th, 1998, 05:43 AM
Laura

Jody, I would recommend Aruba. It is a lovely island with guaranteed good weather, beautiful beaches, friendly people and great shopping. Any of the resorts on Palm Beach would be perfect for you. They range from the Hyatt (most expensive) to the Holiday Inn (reasonably priced).

Have a great vacation.

Laura

Aug 11th, 1998, 08:11 AM
Michel

Have you considered the Mayan Coast of Mexico? We stayed at Club Oasis Akumal recently (1.5 hours by bus south of Cancun), and it offers everything you're looking for in a wonderful natural setting. In addition, you'll find great snorkeling from the beach and a PADI dive centre onsite. From here, you can visit the ruins at Tulum (15 minutes by cab) or shop at the rather quaint village of Akumal (20 minutes by bicycle). If you would like more information, please write me directly.

Aug 12th, 1998, 07:41 AM
sb

Bahamas is great for a first "out of the US" trip. Tons of water sports, great weather, friendly people, and cheap prices!
The atmosphere is totally relaxing....
I promise you won't have any complaints!

Aug 12th, 1998, 10:00 AM
d.maharaj

hi there,

i would recommend trinidad and tobago. you can get excellent food, very exciting culturally with trinidad being faster paced and tobago very idlyic and quite beautiful.

if you guys are looking for a totally romantic holiday in a small sandy strip with no crowds i would highly recommend bequia and/or mustique part of the st. vincent and grenadines in the english speaking caribbean...really excellent.
bye

Aug 25th, 1998, 05:17 PM
Rich

Jody, I must agree with Michel, Akumal is the way to go. We had a great time there in March. Tulum is close, but so is Coba, Xel-Ha & Xcaret. Lots to do, or nothing to do. Its your choice. Not built up or commercial like the bigger cities. This is a place we will return to. E-mail for more info. Good luck!

Aug 26th, 1998, 04:36 AM
Leslie

Michael:I would like to hear more about the Mayan coast and the resort you stayed at:Club Oasis Akumal ...
IS it all inclusive? 4or5 star rating, etc.

Aug 29th, 1998, 02:00 PM
Wendy

I also recommend the mayan coast. Go to Cancun if you want alot to do. If you want more laid back atmosphere, go to Playa Del Carmen. Beautiful water and beaches with lots of nice hotels in either place.

Aug 29th, 1998, 07:05 PM
Myrna

I recommend the island of Anguilla whenever I see a request that includes white sand beach and crystal clear waters. This is a very laid back island with practically non-existent crime where one can really enjoy their vacation especially coming from the Minnesota cold. If interested in villa accommodations on Anguilla. You may email me. Have a great vacation where ever you decide on.