Help needed

May 14th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Help needed

We just booked a ov studio at Royal West Indies,for July.I was hoping someone could give me feedback on this resort.We have a 12 year daughter who likes the water,and wondered if anyone could suggest any trips,good resturants,or any other things she may like to do.Also ,If we need a car ,where is a good place to get one.Thanks for any help.
May 15th, 2003, 03:16 PM
Original Poster

Forgot to say this hotel is in Turcs&Caicos.
May 16th, 2003, 04:11 PM
Ted

We booked a car(compact) thru Avis & had it waiting at the airport when we arrived. we also stayed at RWI & had the car for two nights. Went to the IGA with car, Turtle Cove restaurants two nights & snorkeling Turtle Cove.worked out well.We retd the car to Avis & they drove us back to RWI.
May 17th, 2003, 04:51 AM

Take her on the the J & B Tours Beach Cruise to "Iguana Island". Snorkel Coral Gardens & Smith Reef (easy). Bugaloos is fun for the conch and the shells. Walk the beach. Try the Hobie cats. Parasail. Lots a smaller shells where the water breaks and at the high tide area.
May 23rd, 2003, 06:45 AM

The J and B Cave safari would have been a lot of fun with my 14 and 16 yr old girls....However there is not one ounce of shade on the J And B boat...I have a blond and a red-head...After 8 hours and an empty sunscreen bottle, we were all heatstroked and fried!!! There are other compnanies that do the cave thing...and they have better onboard sun protection! We rented our car from Tropical Auto..They brought the car to our hotel...When we stopped at their office to put air in a tire, they noticed it had a leak and just gave us a new car on the spot...Very nice and easy to deal with. The kids loved snorkeling at Coral Gardens...Have fun! SPB