Help me narrow it down, please!

Sep 4th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Original Poster

Help me narrow it down, please!

Hi all! I realize this is a recurring question -so apologies in advance. Trying to narrow down which island based on following:

- pretty blue water & white sand (or something close), shade options would be nice too
-light waves so my 10 year old can boogie board (most important)
- other kid friendly activities might be nice, since we are planning on going all of thanksgiving week.

thanks!
Sep 4th, 2014, 11:40 AM

Check out the many resorts on Providenciales' Grace Bay in the Turks & Caicos. Lots of places to choose from including Beaches Resort (very family oriented resort) and a variety of "condo resorts" like Ocean Club & Ocean Club West which give you all the amenities of a resort combined with the comfort of a multi-bedroom condo. The beach has the whitest sand you'll find anywhere and the bright turquoise waters are perfect for boogie boarding.
Sep 4th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

That helps, thank you! The pictures of T&C did not seem to have any waves at all, so I was not sure. But maybe they wanted to shows calm, pretty waters in their promo shots?
Not a fan of AI's in general and I doubt my boy would be interested in any organized activities. Enough of that in real life =) Let me check out the OC resort.
Any other thoughts?
Sep 7th, 2014, 09:13 AM

The flat,limestone, less lush islands will have the white beaches and turquoise water that I also prefer. Whether the water is flat, has light waves or huge waves depends on the weather and the currents.
T&C, the Caymans, Bahamas, Aruba, and my favorite, Anguilla are in this category. T&C and Bahamas may be cooler by Thanksgiving.
In Anguilla, there is Juniors Glass Bottom boat, some snorkling, fishing,
sailing, tennis, St Martin/St Maarten is a 20 minute ferry ride away.
There will be other kids here Thanksgiving week.
My nephew has gone down with sports equipment (bat, baseballs, mitts or a football) and practiced on a local field, after school when the locals come out after school, he'll start to leave the field but they all start to play together (didn't have 18 kids for a real baseball game but the other kids seemed to enjoy learning how to play)
Sep 8th, 2014, 01:47 AM

The south west coast of Barbados has waves. Move up along the west coast and the waves become much less. For Thanksgiving this year, I imagine alot of things are booked up.

I imagine Riviera Maya would have great beaches for this since most I saw were quite wavy, esp Cancun.
Sep 8th, 2014, 04:34 AM
WWK

T&C is fantastic, but since Grace Bay is on the Atlantic, sometimes the water can be quite wavy, maybe too rough for boogie boarding. That being said, I love it there (!) and am going back again(sixth visit? I've lost count!) in January. If you post a budget, I'd be happy to make some recommendations.
Sep 8th, 2014, 05:02 AM

The OPs other post says they are already booked to Cancun.

Search this Thread