Beaches @ Turks and Caicos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are thinking about booking a trip to Turks and Caicos with 2 families (total of 4 adults and 2 two year olds). I was looking through Costco Travel and they have deals to The Beaches resort in Turks and Caicos. It is all inclusive and has some childrens activities. Can anyone recommend this hotel. If so what do you all recommend for rooms. We would really like to share a place like a 2 bedroom condo but looking at their pictures it seems that their 2 bedroom suites are just 2 room connected together. Can anyone confirm or deny that? Also, are there any other places that you all prefer to stay at. I have read good things about Somerset as well. Thanks for your help!!

Todd
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Original Poster

Anyone? How about great places to stay on T&C?
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 02:14 AM

hi Todd,
I've never stayed there, but both my boss and my hair stylist have and they both raved about Beaches. Since it's usually so expensive, I'd say go if you've found a deal!

Sorry I can't be more help. I went to T & C before the tourist boom. Back then only hard core scuba divers knew of it. And, none of the resorts there now were there then.

It truly is the most beautiful beach you could ever find. I hope to get back there some day.
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 05:47 AM

It is the most beatiful beach!!!!!
Comparing Beaches to Somerset is, well, they don't compare! Somerset is one of the most incredable places. It also has the price tag to go with.
I've stayed in T&C at the following places (some multiple times
Royal West Indies
Comfort Suites
Sands Resort
Grace Bay Club
Palms
Beaches
Somerset
The old Ramada Turqouise Resort (turned into Allegro, then got knocked down, now going to be Seven Stars)
I've been through: Turks and Caicos Club, Amanyara, Point Grace, Rennassaince, both Ocean Clubs, Tradewinds, Island Club, Coral Gardens
The reason I've been to so many is we were looking for a retirement place, so you can get a prospective.
All but Comfort Suites and Beaches are condo units. (T&C Club the only one not individually owned.) All are treated like resorts, and have their own restaurants. My favorite place with 2 year olds is Sands Resort. Kid friendly, yet quieter for grownups. I love the restaurant Hemmingways there.
I have to be honest, I had fun at Beaches, but I'm not an All Inclusive fan. Definately not at T&C: I love T&C, and I love the restaurants around the island there. It's hard for me to be confined. I also find it on the expensive side for AI's. It's very pretty, I liked the food, love the convenience. It's always crowded, which is fine sometimes. BUT: for my tastes, it's a little out of place in T&C. T&C is not an "AI" kind of place. If you like AI's, then you'll love Beaches. Beaches feels like a cruise on land. The pools are gorgeous. The grounds are gorgeous.
To put things in perspective though, I like T&C to feel like it belongs to me! I like the more quiet relaxing feeling it gives. That's why I love Sands Resort better. At Sands, the 2 year olds will meet other 2 year olds. T&C has percfect beaches for little kids. Sands has full kitchens, great for kids. It has a nice kiddy pool.
T&C is the perfect destination with kids.
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the help!! So does that mean that the 2 bedroom suites that they talk about at Beaches are really just two room that connect or do the have some condos?

Thanks,

Todd
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 10:02 AM

2 bedrooms that connect I think.
Beaches is one of 2 places down there that are NOT condos.
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 10:16 AM

We stayed for one week at beaches about 5 years ago. I cannot comment on the rooms, or suites. It is a nice place for families with a great kids program. The kids all looked like they were having a great time. The food was pretty good and there was one restaurant that was adults only at the time. There is a lot of walking, and as I recall the older section was closest to the pool. We stayed in the area called the French Village which was new at the time. The beach is lovely and the water is wonderful. We snorkelled right off the beach, abd my husband went scuba diving.
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 08:41 PM
Original Poster

These are all starting to look like good resorts. The one thing holding us back from beaches is the fact that they don't seem to have suites. We would really enjoy a common area for out families. Any other suggestions. The Sands also looked nice. The somerset looks nice?

Thanks,

Todd
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:33 AM

Check out Aquamarine Beach Houses we stayed there this past summer they were wonderful. A villa would be another great option for your family. Aquamarine has a pool, tennis court, volleyball, and an amazing beach at your doorstep. The owners are the best! aquamarinebeachhouses.com
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 04:54 AM

The Sands would be your best bet with toddlers. There are other families that stay at the resort so your children can make friends and play around the kiddie pool, and beach with other children. If you don't need an ocean front I would suggest a first floor unit its easier to come and go from your unit with the children .
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:06 AM

We stayed with our 18 month old at the Sands last year. The kiddie pool was perfect for her. Having stayed at a condo style unit I would never go back to a hotel setup with a toddler. The kitchen is so convinient for quick warm ups etc..the washer dryer was very handy also. We stayed in a two bedroom condo and it was Very spacious with seperate living and dining areas. The beach area was quiet with maybe a couple or two at the beach in front of the Sands. The restaurant as mentioned earlier worked out well. I can understand your dilemma cause it is nice to have the kids club option while on vacation. Sands has no organized childrens activities. I would go for what is more important to you (kitchen/spacious vs kids club etc) and factor in the cost.
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 11:18 AM

Blamona, thank you! I was having a "senior moment" and couldn't remember where we stayed. It was the Ramada Turqouise Resort.

My favorite memory from that trip was Smokey's on the Beach. I saw online that he's moved. Too bad, it was a perfect spot.