Help!!!! Hotels in Grand Turks and Provo

Jul 1st, 2007, 08:59 PM
Original Poster

Help!!!! Hotels in Grand Turks and Provo

We are planning a trip to T & C in Jan. and need help deciding on a hotel. Has anyone stayed at the Bohio, Osprey House, Island House or The Arches? I'm having a terrible time deciding on which one and need help from you wonderful people.We will be ther for 2 weeks. Also has anyone stayed at the Miramar in Provo?Thanks
Jul 2nd, 2007, 05:43 AM

I have eaten lunch at Bohio and Osprey. Osprey and Island house are walking distance to Front Street, the main hub. Bohio, you can walk, but you'll get some exersise. Arches is on a "hill" (if you can call it that) away from the beach, so you'll need at least bicycles to get around. (The whole island is only 8 miles long, about 1 mile wide)

If I ever spent the night, I would pick between Bohio and Osprey.

Really, GT is extremely sleepy, no place is upscale, all are clean, and everyone is laidback and extremely nice. (Like you've gone back in time.)

I have not stayed in Miramar, but pass through it all the time. (The excellent expensive Magnolia's restaurant is there) To save money, look somewhere else, you'll have to have a car-so therefore a price difference. (It's a hike to the beach)

Better for the money, check out Sibonne (first choice), or Comfort Suites. You can even check out Caribbean Paradise Inn, or the Seagate.

Word of warning: If you are on a tight budget, keep in mind it's extremely expensive island-food and activities are extremely expensive-so budget for that. Realistically, expect around $100 per person a day for 3 meals. Of course there are ways around it, for example, $20 cab ride to supermarket, prepared food from there (deli sandwiches, rotissoire chicken) but even then, expect $80 per person when all said and done. A case of beer at supermarket is around $40. There is a Gecko Shuttle to get around, cheapest way to travel. All of this is in Provo. GT is a little less expensive.

I'm not trying to scare you, just want your expectations to be realistic. It is an extremely expensive destination.
Jul 25th, 2007, 06:49 PM

I haven't stayed in any of the places you mentioned, so I'm not much help there, but in regard to the previous post about it being an expensive island, we rented a condo so we could make our lunches and a couple of dinners. We stayed at Villa Renissance and loved it! http://www.villarenaissance.com/
Aug 1st, 2007, 08:42 PM
Original Poster

We are staying in Grand Turks for 2 weeks in Jan. and couldnt decide on the very same places. We finally decided on the Arches. It's a Condo with full kitchen and 2 bedrooms, bath and pool. People seemed very accomodating. The Bohio has new owners and some of the comments were rather negative. Plus it is just 1 room with a kitchen nook. Didnt like the pool arrangement at theOsprey and found negative comments about the Island House also. However, they do give you a car to use. Decisions, Decisions. I empathize with you. We are staying at the Sibonne in Provo.
Aug 9th, 2007, 08:39 AM

If you're looking for a great deal on Provo check out Island Club Townhouses www.islandclubgracebay.com....it's about a 3 min walk to the beach but it's the best deal in town.