Reload this Page >

Help-A wedding for 20 people...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Meredith

Help...Very hard to make decisions for a destination wedding never having been to any islands. <BR>20 People, 28-60 in age, mostly couples but 4-5 singles going for my destination wedding. I love the way Jalousie looks but wonder if all would be bored there? That way we could just (fiance and I) go to Ladera for a few days after and then off somewhere else. <BR><BR>Other people in the family pushing Jamaica (breezes or Lido) but that seems so cookie cutter- do I really want to be one of five brides a day? <BR><BR>Any ideas? Beauty, entertainment and fun for all 20 with plenty to do but nothing if that is the choice. We are paying to take all for 3 nights so price is a big factor. <BR><BR>Thanks-and feel free to email me...<BR>

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 12:06 PM
mary

If price is a factor, I wouldn't go to Jalousie--very expensive. Plus, that's a somewhat long plane ride for a three night vacation. <BR><BR>Personnally, I'd recommend Playa del Carmen, Mexico. They have some beautiful all-inclusive resorts and at great prices. It's a newer tourist area so all the resorts are pretty new. If Apple Vacations is available to you, definitely check them out. <BR><BR>How much were you thinking on spending for each person? Where are you flying from?

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 05:10 PM
xxx

It's wonderufl that you are having a destination wedding! If peope are suggesting Jamaica in your group, check out Beaches or Lido's. Remember that if you pay 3 nights for these guests who's going to pick up their food bills & drinks. Go all inclusive and that way they'd be able to eat & drink as much as they want and you don't have any bar tabs to pick up. You might be one of 5 brides that day, but you'll have a wonderful reception afterwards and can hire in a calypso band and make it very "island" like.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 01:03 AM
Karen

Have you thought of Jolly Beach Antigua?<BR>The resort is gorgeous on a long white sand beach with an incredible shade of blue.<BR><BR>It's all-inclusive, and they have a wedding co ordinator that will arrange a special wedding for you, no "cookie cutter" ceremony.The grounds are nice, and you get married in the wedding gazebo<BR><BR>www.jollybeachresort.com<BR><BR>www.travelhop.com for virtual views of the resort<BR><BR>http://communities.msn.com/AntiguaBound<BR>for photos of the resort.<BR><BR>Best of all, the resort charges no single supplement for their supersaver rooms which are ideal for one person.<BR>There are lots of activities at the resort to keep anyone from 28-60 occupieed, and Antiuga has 365 beaches....many day trips and excursions available.<BR><BR>St.Lucia is nice, but they do not have the best beaches in the Caribbean. <BR><BR><BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 09:40 AM
Emil Lazarus

Hi, I was reading your entry and would like to suggest a place in Jamaica's south coast which is a most beautiful area of the island and caters very excellently for wedding planning etc. The prices are reasonable and quite affordable and the area is absolutely great and unspoilt. The property is "Bluefields Villas" and you can have a look at: www.bluefieldsvillas.com<BR>or check our site at:<BR>www.personalchoicevillas.com<BR>We can help you with expert advise on this matter or booking it for you.