Heading to Nevis

Jul 11th, 2002, 05:41 PM
GG

Heading to Nevis

Hi,
My husband & I are heading to Nevis in late August to celebrate my 40th birthday. Any suggestions for best eating places etc? Also any ideas for boards that might have info on Nevis?

Jul 12th, 2002, 04:12 AM
jake

Hi,

My husband and went to Nevis for a week this year. It was really great. Our favourite dinner was at The Hermitage Plantation. It was a bit pricy but worth every penny (@ $65 US/pp).

We had a nice lunch at Nisbet Plantation and another good lunch at Oualie Beach Hotel.

Check out www.wheretostay.com for more info on NEvis (they have a message board there). You will love Nevis!

Jul 12th, 2002, 04:46 AM
Kelly

There is a little restaurant called Bananas... you should be sure to go there. Local place, great staff.

Jul 12th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Paul

Dinner at Sunset at Bananas is NOT to be missed at least once during your visit!

Jul 12th, 2002, 04:58 AM
Nancy

GG, Jake definitely gave you good advice with The Hermitage. It is so romantic and very clubby. The food is awesome and they go out of their way to make sure you get to meet and chat with interesting people from around the world. Make sure you get there on time so you won't miss the cocktail portion before dinner.
My favorite is either Miss June's - an elderly lady from Trinidad who is the most fun person on the island (make reservations early)who lays out a lavish buffet and the party lasts for hours - or Montpelier Plantation, a gorgeous and intimate B&B. Sitting outside on the verandah and eating their delicious food is such a nice experience.
Unella's, downtown on the water, has the best view and omelettes in town, and the twinkling lights of Basseterre at night. Other great places for lunch -Eddy's, Tequila Sheila's, Cla Cha Del.
If you really want to get into the island flavor, go to Pemo's. You may be the only tourists there, and they usually only have a couple of things on the menu, but the food is awesome and the people so friendly.

Try this link for lots of info!
nevis1.com

Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:21 AM
JDS

There is a St. Kitts and Nevis Newsgroup run by the government with excellent insight to the islands, it's hotels, restaurants, as well as activities. Check it out:

http://www.geographia.com/guestbook/kittsnevis/

Have a great time!

Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:56 AM
Lorraine

There is also Sunshine's which is right on the beach next to the Four Seasons.
I'm very jealous that you are going!! You are going to have a fabulous time!!

Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:13 PM
anonymous

Here is a second vote for Cla-Cha-Dels and Sunshine, 2 local restaurants.

Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:38 PM
GG

Thanks for the great info. We can't wait to get there! Would it be worth our while to go into St Kitts for the day? I've seen a lot of good posts about it as well.