Guana/Peter/Palm/Young Island: which one?

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 09:17 AM
Leslie

Guana/Peter/Palm/Young Island: which one?

We definitely want the private island experience but can't seem to decide which one. Neckar is out, way to expensive!!! So of the ones mentioned, can anyone tell me which one offers the best deal? We want to snorkel, eat and relax. No night life required. Which one is the easiest destination to get to?

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 08:07 AM
Louis

It is easier to get to Guana and Peter Island as compared to the other two. Of the other two it is easier to get to Young Island as compared to Palm island. I would pick Petit St. Vincent over Palm Island. For those two you have to fly to Union Island. As far as snorkeling goes, I think it is better at the first two but the conditions for snorkeling have deteriorated at all locations. Young Island does not have any snorkeling of merit and at Palm Island it is marginal. The closest good snorkeling is outside the reef at Tobago Cay. Snorkeling is fair at Guana and we have not been to Peter Island in years. We like Guana as it is smaller and and less commercial than Peter Island. I don't know what you mean by the best deal? In all of the places you pay for what you get and you pick the one that offers the most things you like. All of the islands have their own web sites. www.guana.com, www.psvresort, www.peterisland.com

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 07:54 PM
pamela

I've only been to Young Island--we enjoyed it, but probably wouldn't choose it again--v.little snorkeling, and the food seems to be rather uninteresting. Lovely setting however, and great pool!

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 08:13 PM
fran

I've been to Young Island and loved it. Unlike the previous poster I found the food to be very good. Snorkeling right off Young Island is nothing to speak of, however, I did a combo land/sailing package. Spent 3 days on a sailboat with captain and cook and sailed to Bequia, Mustique and Tobago Cays. The Tobago Cays are excellent for snorkeling!

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 08:14 PM
fran

Forgot to mention the sailing package was part of Young Island's package. They arranged everything.

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 10:28 PM
Will

Leslie,
Not so easy to get to, but worth checking out: Matangi Island (www.matangiisland.com).