Search

Grenada - Westerhall Point - ANY GOOD?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2013, 01:37 PM
LKL
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grenada - Westerhall Point - ANY GOOD?

We are wondering if Westerhall Point is a good place to stay. We don't mind that it is not in the midst of the hustle and bustle of St. Georges but we'd also like to be close enough to all of the action in case the desire arises. We understand it's not walking distance but will it be a hassle to drive back and forth if decide we want some night action in St. Georges?
Old Aug 12th, 2013, 05:38 PM

We've been to Grenada three times and stayed in villas in Lance aux Epines twice. We once stayed in a now-defunct resort north of Westerhall Point. Can remember driving by the turn-off to Westerhall, but never explored it. We rented cars all three trips. Are you familiar with driving on the left side of the road? We're from the U.S. and picked up that quickly during the day, but we were a bit uncomfortable driving after dark because there weren't many street lights and very few street signs. Westerhall is close to La Sagesse beach, which has a delightful restaurant, IMO. It's hard to advise people without knowing their comfort level in driving the twisty roads at night.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 09:13 AM

I've been to Grenada a few times and always stayed in the Lanse Aux Epines area. I'm very comfortable driving in Grenada by day, but by night I'm a little less so. For me, the drive from Westerhall would be too long each night if I wanted to go into St. George's.

That being said, if you're going to eat "in" most nights in your villa, then perhaps the drive isn't so onerous.

Wherever you stay, be sure to check out La Sagesse, as previous poster suggests. it's really a wonderful place, and I like the restaurant there, too.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 02:01 PM

(Note to ejcrowe: I should probably be embarrassed to admit that I watch House Hunters Int'l. Imagine my surprise when we watched a Grenada episode that featured Antoine Anthon as the real estate agent! One of the houses on display was Beachcliff. Recognized the pool area immediately in the opening scenes. I know you've stayed in his other villa on that property. If interested, watch for repeats.)
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 08:44 AM

I caught it last week, actually. my friend always DVRs the International House Hunters and we watch many of them together. I was also surprised to see Anthon there--though the voiceover woman usually pronounced his name incorrectly.

His property shown was tradewinds, not beachcliff, unless perhaps it was a different episode all together--in which case I will have to keep watching for it!
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 11:42 AM

Ooops. Mixed up the villas. Glad you saw it. One of those small-world kind of things.