Great Exuma vs Grand Bahama

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan to go bonefishing next spring and am accompanied with my mon fishing spouse. I want a nce resort for her to hang out in. I am down to these two islands--either the Our Lucaya resort area of GBI or Grand Isle Resort of Exuma.
Any preferences for which--we have no interest in night life, but like nice places to eat. And, of course, the bonefishing. Thanks!
Old Aug 12th, 2008, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I liked Our Lucaya, I loved Exumas. Exumas has superior bonefishing, and superior beaches. Exumas has a little more personality, you'll get to know locals, such as JJ the bonefisherman. (Who has actually been featured on ESPN with famous people showing how to bonefish, and Captain Lewes, who'll take you on a day trip through the cays and to Long Island.) The water on Exumas is stunning. As for eating both are good, not great for food. Our Lucaya has a lot more choices of restaurants, especially at the marina across from Our Lucaya. As for nice resorts, Our Lucaya is a Hilton and a Sheraton, that is what you're getting. Exumas has Four Seasons, and to describe, is a Four Seasons. The biggest negative of that is Four Seasons is quite isolated, so it's a long ride to Georgetown. Check out Palm Bay Beach Club.