Search

Grand Lido Comparisons

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 11:09 AM
andy

Grand Lido Comparisons

Can anyone please compare the 3 Grand Lido properties in Jamaica for cleaniness and for Fun.

Old Sep 9th, 2001, 03:10 PM
traveler

Grand Lido Negil has a wonderful beach. Each room is a suite. There is a yacht for evening cocktail cruises (included) or weddings. Very nice, a little quiet, laid back feeling of Negil. <BR>Grand Lido San Souci is known for it's Spa services that are included at this resort. Full body massage, reflexology, facials, scrubs, manicures All included in the price. The resort is hilly, pretty but if you have trouble with stairs request beachfront suites. There are 3 beaches, small quiet covelike beachs. There is waterskiing, diving, sail, just like at Negril and Bracco. I would say this is the quietest of the three Grand Lido resorts. <BR>Grand Lido Bracco has the youngest group, mainly honeymooners. The beach is long but tends to be windy, but if you like to windsurf it's great. Fun lively pool and the staff is wonderful. Great disco and piano bar. <BR>All Grand Lido Resorts have 24 hour room service, nude beaches, health club and classes. You can't go wrong they are all nice just depends on how much night life you enjoy. The are all very clean and have great restaurants.

Old Sep 11th, 2001, 03:22 PM
Sarah

We were @ Negril's Grand Lido last winter (2001). While we enjoyed the property and many of the staff that we came in contact with, we would not return. The rooms, while clean look quite tired and often we had linens with marks and stains. <BR>For the cost of the vacation you can do a lot better @ other resorts. <BR>I was upset with our stay so I wrote the G.M of the hotel with a polite letter to share our thoughts. I got a form letter back. This only fueled my belief that while the resort is nice, they are not an exemplory resort as they present themselves to be. <BR>Hopefully your stay will be better than ours. While we did have an okay time it was not good value for the money we spent.

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 08:24 AM
Kim

We stayed at the Grand Lido for our honeymoon. I was not impressed. It is a "nice" resort, but not a whole lot of fun. We arrived on a Monday, and most of the things that were supposed to be included were already booked by guests that had arrived before us. The staff refused to accomodate us, and the only way we got to eat at the fancy restaurant was by making friends with another couple who had arrived on Sunday. They allowed us to join them. <BR> <BR>Two of the best things about Jamaica are decidedly missing from the Grand Lido- outgoing Jamaican staff and lots of reggae music. At Grand Lido, they piped in "Big Band" music most of the time. I felt as though the staff had been instructed not to talk to the guests unless we spoke to them first. <BR>I hated that! The staff was the least friendly of any resort in Jamaica I've ever been to. <BR> <BR>I love all-inclusives, but I would never go back to the Grand Lido. I don't know anything about the other Super Clubs there- we haven't been back to one of thse properties. <BR> <BR>Good luck- I hope this helps.

Old Sep 19th, 2001, 03:10 PM
Diane

Next time you go to Negril, go to the Charela Inn and take their meal plan. They have the best restaurant on the island. Their staff has been there FOREVER and are professional, welcoming and just wonderful. The rooms have recently been refurbished. Stay on the second floor for the best beach views. Since is it smaller than the all-inclusives, the beach is not at all crowded and you feel like you've joined a family. You can walk down the beach to Alfred's or Roots Bamboo to hear some of the best reggae ever, and enjoy a friendly social scene. With the money you save by not staying at an AI, you can take the puddle-jumper flights from MoBay and back. You may never go to an AI again.