Reload this Page >

Grand Cayman vs. Trinidad

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25th, 2000, 04:08 PM
Robert

Looking for a relaxing week at the beach- any comparisons between Trinidad and Grand Cayman? Thanks

Old Dec 25th, 2000, 06:50 PM
BillK

Unless you dive Cayman has nothing to offer - flat, Americanized (the wrong way) and over priced.

Old Dec 25th, 2000, 08:22 PM
fred

Cayman is commercialized. But 10 min. out of Georgetown (7 mile beach) is desolate. You could drive for miles and see nothing but a scrubby inland, and the ocean on the other side. < A rugged beauty in my opinion > Also, cool little (tiny beaches) with great snorkeling. Wonderful restaurants. And most important, a friendly populus. I can't express that enough. I am not a politicly correct man. Many Caribbean Island peoples are rude, and snotty, and sometimes scary individuals. < I speak from experience, i have visited 12 islands > Grand Cayman was by far the most welcoming, gracious island. You could be up at 1:00 am and walk the beach with no fear. This is not a place for night life lovers. But if you like to snorkel, or dive, and have great food, with a felling of security, Grand Cayman is your place.

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 12:59 AM
Marsh

<BR>Trinidad is NOT a good choice for an unexperienced traveler to the basin. <BR> <BR>For relaxing, no hassle beach vacation you can't beat Cayman. For the first time out, I'd stick to Cayman, Cancun or the Bahamas (not Grand, tho). Turks & Caicos might also be a choice. Also consider the BVI. For the least worries, most straightforward beach vacation, choose Cayman.

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 01:31 AM
Ronnie

I do believe that for a week at the beach, you may have a better time of it in Cayman. However if you want to go south to T & T(Trinidad & Tobago) , I would recommend checking out Tobago, right off the Trindad coast and more set up for resort life, as well as beautiful beaches.I believe the airlines also offer a free flight to Tobago once in Trinidad. You could chreck out Port of Spain for a day or two and then on to Tobago! <BR>Ronnie