Grace Bay - Top 10 Beach??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep hearing how Grace Bay is constantly listed as one of the top 10 beaches in the world? Can anyone tell me where this would be listed? Where can I find this info??
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 06:23 AM

I don't know about "In the World" but it has been consistently listed as one of the top beaches in the Caribbean by Caribbean Travel and Life and Conde Nast traveler--Don't remember which year or issue. Have traveled the Carib quite a lot and it is the best beach we've found. Pure white sand and the everchanging colors of the water are awesome. If you go you won't be disappointed.
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 07:16 AM

For HowardC,
Since you have been to both islands many times, which in your opinion is the best beach and water, T&C or Anguilla and why??
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 12:42 PM

Yes have been to both islands over 20 times. Have stopped counting. Not sure it is totally fair to compare islands just on the basis of beaches. Anyway my choice would be Grace Bay Beach. It is 7 miles long where the resorts are. The sand is powdery white and the chamging colors of the water are awesome. On Provo we stay at Coral Gardens which is the only place there is a good reef to snorkel right off the beach. Snorkeling is better on Provo. Provo is also more developed than Anguilla. Anguilla is more laid back. There are over 30 beaches to explore on Anguilla some of the best being Shoal Bay East, Shoal Bay West, Rendezvous Bay, Meads Bay etc. etc. Shoal Bay east has also been named as one of the top beaches and is fairly good for off shore snorkeling. Entertainment is better on Anguilla. Both islands have excellent restaurants in all price ranges Anguillas are a little better with Provo slightly behind.
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:28 PM

Here is a link to one of the beach photos I have from our trip to Provo last week.

I'll be posting a trip report later tonight or tomorrow afternoon, with more photos, etc. Lots to wade through.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...son/provo2.jpg

Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

Great picture!!! Definitely post more!!