girls vacation- a challenge

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for some suggestions on a vacation for a group of girls in their late 20's/early 30's for next spring. Want AI, great beach, and great nightlife. The catch is we want to go somewhere we've never been so that leaves out a lot of options, considering not many islands have a nightlife scene. Here's where we have been in the past- Turks and Caicos, Jamaica, St Martin, Aruba, Puerto Vallarta, Playa del Carmen. Any suggestions are much appreciated. thanks!!
Old Jul 18th, 2007, 06:01 PM

Cancun should top your list, as well as St. Barts. St. Thomas has decent nightlife as well. Puerto Rico also not bad, but I am not a fan of their beaches.
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 05:00 AM

While not in the caribbean, Cabo San Lucas has some great nightlife.
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 08:06 AM

I'd take a look at Barbados.
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 11:12 AM

Here's a second for St. Thomas. Meets all of your criteria. Great beaches (Megan's, Coki). Decent nightlife, easy access to other islands (St. John, BVI). Not sure about the AI thing, but it seems that that would limit your experience by always having to be at the resort for meals. Just my $.02
Old Jul 19th, 2007, 11:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't think that there are any AIs in Puerto Rico but it does have excellent nightlife in the San Juan area (and good, but not great, beaches)
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 04:42 PM

What about Key West??? It's such a fun, fun place but no real beaches. Plenty of water abounds, great nightlife and restaurants. An AI would not be a good thing (and there are none) since there are so many dining choices.

Here's another thought...have you all tried a Windjammer cruise? The accomodations are a bit spartan but you are at a dfferent beach every day...usually for the entire day and sometimes into the evening. Lots of partying but on the ships and off.

St. Barts is beautiful and our favorite place but don't think I'd do a girl vacation there. My sister and I are doing our "sister" vacation in Key West once again.

Let us know what you do!
Old Jul 20th, 2007, 05:56 PM

Hi ksunshine,

Have you ever considered a cruise? With the right itinerary you can have your choice of different beaches throughout the week. You can't get more A1 than a cruise ship. The nightlife is always fantastic. There's different venues for music, clubs, bars and shows. Just a thought. Whatever you do have a good one!

Stay Savvy! Hugs,

The Savvy Old Lady(c)
Old Jul 21st, 2007, 05:18 AM

"You can't get more A1 than a cruise ship."

Have to strongly disagree with this statement. All drinks, bottled water, decent cup of coffee, some of the food, most of the fitness classes, often the sauna and steam, all of the excursions, etc. are extra.

For the OP's age group: Cancun would be a good choice for nightlife and there are lots of great value AIs there to choose from.

Old Jul 24th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Original Poster

thanks for all the replies. I forgot to list in my original post, but I have been to Cancun (perhaps I don't remember much of it?lol) We will definitely look into Cabo, PR, Barbados, and St Thomas. Thanks again!