Reload this Page >

Gift Hill Area, please answer!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 06:14 AM
Lynne

Has anyone stayed in this area?? Is it a nice place to rent a villa in?? <BR>thank you.

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 08:46 AM
Julie

Hi Lynne. We just returned from St. John two weeks ago. Although we didn't stay on Gifft Hill, we drove through this area several times. In general, I think it would be a pretty nice spot. It's fairly close to Cruz Bay and therefore, convenient to restaurants, groceries, etc. The views are also very good, although you're set back a little farther from the water than in most other areas (if that matters to you). Would think that the elevation would give you a good breeze, as well. Hope this is helpful.

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 11:34 AM
Gina

Julie- <BR>I'm getting the impression from some people that Gift Hill area is set too back from the ocean? Is this true? I just switched my villa from one in Cruz Bay (because it had no AC) to one in Gift Hill that had AC in the bedrooms. It looks beautiful, but will I lose that island feel being set a bit further back from the ocean? <BR>

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 05:56 PM
Julie

Gina--That's a hard question, because it's largely a matter of personal preference. I think the answer would vary somewhat from one peron to the next, but if I had to choose between a villa with no a/c on Great Cruz Bay and one with a/c on Gifft Hill, I would probably take the Gifft Hill choice. It can be pretty miserable trying to sleep when it's really hot (and it doesn't make you feel much like getting close to the person you're with either). Take a close look at pictures of the views from Gifft Hill villas on the Caribbean Villas web site. This should give you a pretty good idea of how high up and far away you really are. <BR> <BR>You might also try posting your question on the USVI forum at: <BR> <BR>http://www.usvi-on-line.com/usviforum.html <BR> <BR>This is a busy forum with lots of really helpful people. Many of them are long time vacationers to St. John, and some are island residents. I got loads of help there with the planning for our vacation. <BR>

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 06:25 AM
Gina

Thank you for your help, Julie.

Old Oct 31st, 2001, 09:30 PM
e

Believe me, whereever you stay on St. John, you WILL get that island feeling. Also I'd vote for the a/c.