Reload this Page >

Getting irritated here....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 1999, 12:28 PM
Cheri

Am I the only person making nice replies to questions, sitting there for 5 minutes while it digests the info, only to find that my message is lost in cyber space and hasn't been posted? Hey, lets get this fixed. I have time to spare, but not THAT much time!

Old Feb 22nd, 1999, 01:00 PM
dafree

Beleive me, you are NOT the only one. I've stopped posting on this site for the same reason. I'm wondering if this one will make it...I guess Fodors doesn't care about the problem, its been this way for along time.

Old Feb 22nd, 1999, 01:54 PM
leslie

I can relate. I got a notification e-mail letting me know that someone had replied to my question - but no reply was listed.

Old Feb 22nd, 1999, 04:47 PM
Diane

It is a pain. It may have something to do with the server you access through, but I'm not entirely sure that's the only reason.

Old Feb 23rd, 1999, 05:31 AM
Lee

I can sympathize with all of you. <BR> <BR>I've been coming to this site for almost two years and it is better than before they got their "bigger, beefier servers", I can tell you that. Fodor's is aware of the problem. I think that the sheer volume of visitors simply bogs the system down, particularly during peak periods like around 5:00pm EST. <BR> <BR>Some posters use a word processor to load the file in, that way, they aren't losing it. I just click on the "back" key and try to repost. Sometimes, I've tried this maybe 10 times and have given up. <BR> <BR>I understand the frustration, but after all, this site is free of charge, so I can't complain. <BR> <BR>Keep the faith! <BR>