Garden by the Sea - St. John - beach?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 07:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at Garden by the Sea B&B on St. John? It looks nice, but I'm wondering if Frank Bay (located near the B&B) is a good beach? Is the B&B near good beaches? What was your experience there? Thanks!
Old Oct 2nd, 2005, 10:30 AM

This B&B was recommended to me by Tuxedocat on this forum.We did not stay there but did go by it and it looks very nice and is a great location to Cruz Bay were all the bars and restaurants are.

I never went to Frank bay so I cannot help you with it.It is near where the ferries come in..so the waters there may be a little rough or choppy.

The North shore beaches are not that long of a drive from Garden By the Sea.

Are you going to rent a car??If not,I would highly recommend renting one from Conrad Suttons..his prices are good and you can park in the parking lot when in town as parking can be hard to come by.

Directions to Conrad's: When you get off the ferry go straight up the road about 2 blocks and turn right at First Bank and its down on the right.

It is hard to find a villa directly on the beach in St John.Caneel bay resort has some but are pricey.Also the Westin might but the Westin's beach is manmade.

How many people are going on your trip?
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

THanks for the information! There are just 2 of us traveling and I've read mixed reviews on Garden by the Sea. We would really like to go to St. John, but it's so expensive.
Old Oct 3rd, 2005, 06:29 PM

This villa might be perfect for you.It's a 5 minute walk to Francis Bay (which has great snorkeling to the left around the rocks)It is also fully air conditioned..not sure how much it is but you could call and ask.Here is a link.Click on "Honeymoon Cottage" once on the site to view it.

http://www.stjohnusvi.org/new_page_2.htm

Good luck!!
Christie
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 04:47 PM

Hello zialot! If you want to stay in St. John and be in a beautiful place very close to Cruz Bay that will save you a TON of money you DEFINITELY should look into the ESTATE LINDHOLM. I have mentioned ths resort inmany other posts but it is a great place and you can get a beautiful room for around $200 per night and that is great for St. John.It is very close to all the bars and shops in Cruz Bay and I HIGHLY recommend it.Go to www.estatelindholm.com to check it out. You might also want to look into the WESTIN RESORT in St. John also. Go to www.estatelindholm.com to look at the Lindholm and go to www.westinresortst.john.com to look at the Westin. Both are great and will save you money.You will probably want to go into town at Cruz Bay to get you some snacks and food to save some money instead od paying resort prices. You can always take thye Cruz Bay ferry to Red Hook in St. Thomas and in Red Hook shop at PUEBLO.Both willl save you money over resort food prices. I hope this helps!!
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 04:35 AM

Zialot,

I can provide some firsthand info on this B&B because my husband and I stayed there last April and we are staying there again in Feb. The location is great--a short walk to all restaurants in Cruz Bay so you don't have to worry about parking (although many of the rental agencies have their own lots). We stayed in the Terrace Room, which is the only one without an outdoor shower, but has a good view of the bay.

We did not go to Frank Bay because the water was a little rough from the boat traffic, however, with a car, both the North Shore beaches and Coral Bay area are easily accessible. My husband and I drove all over the island, snorkeling at as many places as we could!!

The breakfast at Garden By the Sea was excellent every morning. We found the owners to be a wealth of info and very friendly, but there was also a lot of privacy given to the guests, which was nice. There are new owners now, so we will be meeting them in Feb. Also, the A/C in the rooms makes a big difference (we used it every night in April).

We would definitely recommend staying there, especially because the prices are really good. We were looking into villas for Feb. but had a hard time finding an affordable one for two people and opted to return to Garden By the Sea because we found it very enjoyable. Please post any other questions and I'll try to help!!

Melissa