Gansevoort Turks & Caicos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about planning a trip to the Gansevoort but have read some iffy reviews. Has anyone been? I've also read that it's far from the other resorts, but does that matter? Do you really need to leave the resort?
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 05:20 PM

It is located at the far west end of Grace Bay , away from the main hub, Yes, you would leave the resort--many great dining options on the island, food at Gansevoort is really bad! Check out The Somerset www.thesomerset.com
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 05:21 PM

You might want to leave the resort to enjoy the best restaurants of Provo. It is on one end, but it's a 12 mile beach, so it's not by itself.

It's sleek, modern and gorgeous. It has a chic South Beach vibe without the miami crowds.

Don't know why reviews would be iffy, it's gorgeous
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 06:45 PM

We stayed next door to the Gansevoort ( West Bay Club) but had lunch there. The food was terrible. The property is beautiful, the vibe is meant ( I think) for trendy people in their thirties, forties, fifties, some of whom should no longer be wearing pork pie hats ala Brad Pitt. I guess it depends what you're looking for. It was our first visit, but my impression is that there are many other resorts for less money in a more central location and closer to the better restaurants on the island.
Old Jan 25th, 2012, 11:37 AM

Gansevoort is a really nice resort. I've stayed there twice before myself and loved it! I usually rent a car when on island because there are a few spots that are "must visits" for me that I wouldn't be able to get to without a car. As others have said, it is on one end of Grace Bay but you wouldn't be isolated. You can dine at restaurants on property or at neighbouring properties. Depending on the type of vacation you're taking, it won't be absolutely necessary to leave the resort at all.

It's a lovely place and I've always had a great time. I think it's a great choice for a TCI vacay.