Search

For Wunderlust

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2005, 09:22 AM
owa

For Wunderlust

Hi, I'm just starting to plan our trip to Bonaire for October '06. Last week we were snorkeling on Vieques and was surprised at the healthy coral. I've been told Bonaire will be much better.

My main question is to ask if you always go a certain time of the year and why. It looks like the first part of October is a the only time we can go. Bonaire, I think, is mainly spared hurricanes.

Thanks for any help. Owa

Old Dec 10th, 2005, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi, owa. sorry to hijack the thread, but i noticed that you were raving about the snorkeling on Vieques. Would you mind sharing the spots you thought were the best on Vieques? We'll be going there in 2006 (had to postpone the trip from January until probably May). I spent most of my last trip in the Caribbean swimming and snorkeling so would be most appreciative of your help.
Old Dec 10th, 2005, 12:14 PM
owa

Ejcrowe, I certainly will . Soon. I'm very happy to share our experience, but it is so hard to predict if someone else will have the same conditions such as the turbidity we had one day to a site we had loved a few days earlier. I continue to be thankful for all the beauty we saw underwater off the beaches of Vieques. Owa

Old Dec 11th, 2005, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, Owa! Easy answer first, we always go the same time year because that's when the family timeshare week is. All of the Netherland Antilles are thankfully far enough south of the hurricane belt and are generally spared of any direct damage (with the exception of Hugo a couple years ago in which case it was still indirect but there was some damage that time has now fixed). I hear October is a very nice time to go, although I have never been there then (only in January and August).

www.bonairetalk.com is one of the most comprehensive and friendly websites to post specific questions regarding Bonaire and you can do a keyword search specifically for weather. Also www.bonaireinfo.com is another staple for all things Bonaire.

It's an amazing place! I really can't recommend it enough. I dove and snorkled in many different parts of the world and hands down, Bonaire is the best and the easiest in the world. It's everything they say and more!

If you have any more questions you can email me directly at [email protected]!

Good luck! (By the way, I'm going next month and can't wait!)
Old Dec 11th, 2005, 04:22 PM
owa

Wunderlust, Thanks for your response. I will probably have more questions after I do some research.

I have an $800 CO ticket I have to use soon. It looks like our best bet is to take the direct flight from Houston--at about midnight!

Will you write a trip report when you get back? Thanks again and have a great trip. Owa