Search

Flights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Gina

Flights

I know I have posted this question before, but I just can not believe the price to fly from Boston to St. Thomas at the moment. It is $750 no matter where I look. Is this normal for the end of May? I thought I could at least find a deal for $500 considering the airlines are "supposed" to be struggling at the moment. Anyone know of any good rates and how to find them? I have booked a villa, but still have yet to book my flights because of this high cost...<BR>Thanks in advance.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 09:17 PM
anonymous

I noticed the present low fares only go through May 19 on almost all airlines. You may want to wait a few more weeks until they publish the fares for after May 19 (you certainly couldn't go wrong). I am almost certain you could get a better deal for the summer, especially from the east coast. I got a deal for $498 for travel in April from the west coast that was $1,130 only a week before. I just put in Los Angeles-St. Thomas on my fare watcher at Travelocity and checked every couple of days. When the fare came down, I went to American's website and saved $50 on top of that. Good luck!

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 12:45 AM
tivertonhouse

If your villa is a member of CVOA, the Caribbean Villa Owners and Agents<BR>Association, you're eligible for discount air out of Logan on American<BR>and Air Jamaica and other carriers.<BR>Check www.cvoa.com and e-mail [email protected] for quotes, stating the name of the villa (IF it's listed on the site and a member). We just sent out a guest today to Jamaica from Logan DIRECT on AJ for us$358RT-- $98 less than the airlines lowest rates, via cvoa.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 12:42 PM
JACK

<BR> I am flying out of Logan at the end of April for $320 for St John via American (booked at Xmas time)Go to Sidestep.com and you will find US Air for $550 from Logan to St Thomas during the last week in May

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 08:42 PM
N

If you booked your ticket by Tuesday, cheap rates were available for travel until the middle of May. Wednesday, they almost doubled between Indy and Cayman.