Search

First Caribbean Trip

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2007, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Caribbean Trip

Hello. My husband and I, in are mid-twenties, are taking our first Caribbean vacation this summer. We are tryin to decide on which island to go to. We think we would like either St.Thomas or Barados. For St. Thomas we like the Wyndham Sugar Bay and for Barbados Crystal Cove. We want somewhere that offers all-inclusive. Please give some insight on which island you recommend. We just want a beautiful island where we can relax all day and enjoy nice night-life. Thanks!
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 01:56 PM

I don't think you want to do all-inclusive on either one of those islands. You would miss out on too much great food! If AI is a must, look at Mexico...
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 02:09 PM

Barbados has much better nightlife than St. Thomas and alot more to see and do.

St. Thomas feels very American and commerical.

IMHO, I think the natives in Barbados are more friendly.
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 04:34 AM
KVR

We stayed at the Wyndham Sugar Bay in St. Thomas. Their AI plan is pretty good. We enjoyed the buffet over the ala cart restuarant. They had the best selection of salads on their buffet than any other destination we've been to. The food was also quite tasty.

We didn't care for the Wyndham though. The property is huge. Lots of walking. The 99 steps to the beach, pool, buffet, grill and bar was frankly a pain. It's rained alot on our trip, so walking up and down steps in the rain was not fun. The higher priced rooms are very far from the main lobby or the steps. There are a few jitneys to get around in. The Wyndham's beach is small and rocky. Not all that great for swimming, but really good for snorkeling. If you choose St. Thomas, definatly do a day trip to St. John and a boat trip to the BVI's.

Our first AI/Carribean vacation was Cozumel for our honeymoon. Mexico has they better choices for AI properties. You'll get more for you money at a Mexico AI. Check out the Playa del Carmen/Mayan Riveira area.
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 04:40 AM

Take a look on my website www.iledestbarth.com
and go to St. Barths.

Ingo
Old Jan 22nd, 2007, 03:02 PM

We stayed at the Wyndham Sugar Bay and enjoyed it. There are two restaurants. The sit-down one with the menu has a very fresh salad bar every night. Our room had a wonderful view of the sea (an image I wish I could find in all our hotel rooms). The property is large, but we enjoyed walking down the steps in the morning to the pool. There is a van that runs up and down the driveway every 5 minutes, so you never need to take the steps unless you want to. The pool area is gorgeous and surrounded by a grotto. Because of where the hotel is located, the water borders on two sides and the beach ends up being very private, although it is small. They have a great nightclub and something is always going on. The journeys spa is excellent!