Reload this Page >

Ferrying between 2 islands??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 06:41 AM
julie

We're planning our honeymoon and would like to divide our time between two Caribbean islands. We are looking for two islands that are connected by ferry service. Will consider any islands. We'll be traveling in June and we enjoy the beach, snorkeling, and golf. Would love to hear ideas. I believe Aruba and Curacao are connected by ferry, and of course the U.S.V.I. are, but what other islands could we consider? Thanks!<BR>

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 06:48 AM
carlos

St. Martin and Anguilla and St. Barts.<BR><BR>USVI ferries also go to British Virgin Islands.<BR>

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Bill

St Kitts and Nevis

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 06:59 AM
Nancy

Cozumel and Isla Mujeres <BR>(Or you can do Playa del Carmen or Cancun on the mainland.)

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 07:03 AM
julie

Thanks for the ideas so far... I will look into all of them!

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 07:01 AM
island hopper

I did a similar trip and wrote about it here:<BR><BR>http://www.travelhall.com/feature/entryIndex.asp?wid=4<BR><BR>There's also a discussion on this site about the same thing.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 07:17 AM
anonymous

Anguilla - St. Martin - St. Barts<BR><BR>Ferries b/t Anguilla and St. Martin leave every 30 minutes the last one leaving at 7pm<BR><BR>You can go from Anguilla to St. Barts directly on Tuesdays. Or, you can go Anguilla to St. Martin then St. Martin to St. Barts.<BR>

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 01:52 PM
O.T.

no direct ferries from Anguilla to St.Barts, stopped last year.<BR>ferries from St. Maarten to St. Barts (which is nicknamed St.Barffs ferry)<BR><BR>but better to fly!

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 02:14 PM
Mary

We just returned from Anguilla &amp; the ferry to &amp; from St Barts is running every Tuesday (leaves at 9:15 &amp; returns at 5:00) -- $65/person. BTW, we used to split our trips between St Barts &amp; Anguilla -- nice contrasts culturally &amp; geographically.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 08:56 PM
dtour

How long does this trip take ,and does it run offseason.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 04:47 AM
Lisa

My husband and I divided our honeymoon between ST. John (USVI) and Tortola (BVI). It was really great. Only 15 minute ferry between the two of them on really calm seas. The beaches are gorgeous, especially on St. John. Don't know about golf though.<BR><BR>Alternatively, you could do two BVI islands.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 01:22 AM
lisa

Dear Julie,<BR> My husband and I own a beautiful condo in the quiet northeastern end of St. Thomas VI. It is situated in a private cove with only one other resort. Point Pleasant is gorgeous and private for honeymooners--my mom personally decorated our condo and it is beautiful and spacious. Best of all we love to rent it out to family and friends for a great price!! You will have money left over to take the ferry (3 miles away) to the BVI or St.Johns or both! If you would like more info I can send you a brochure, give you our website and other information. You won't be dissapointed.<BR>Sincerely,<BR>Lisa Gerten

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 03:33 AM
xxx

a stay on Barbados combined with one of the Grenadines is a ferry ride away in some cases and you'll have your golf. St. Thomas and St. John (15 minutes away) would give you golf on St. Thomas but the BVI has no golf but lots of islands to travel between. Four Seasons Nevis for golf. Might also consider Puerto Rico for golf combined with Vieques or Cuebrela. Don't know that St. Martin/Anguilla/St. Barth's would give you the golf that you mention. New ferry between Fla and Mexico.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 04:05 AM
johnno

St. Martin/Anguilla is a great trip, but if you are into golf, it's probably not what you're looking for. There's only one course on St. Martin and it's not great. Puerto Rico/Vieques is a great recommendation. Lots of hotels with golf and a lot of other things to do on the &quot;mainland&quot; and secluded, quiet, veg-out-and-unwind atmosphere with pretty little beaches on Vieques.