Search

Favorite Villa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2001, 03:29 PM
Debbie

Favorite Villa

Do you have a favorite villa that you have stayed at in the caribbean or hawaii? If so, why did you like it? Any suggestions are appreciated. Would like a pool and beach access. Thanks.

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 08:35 AM
Ryan Jacks

Cove Spring House in Barbados / Rio Chico is Jamaica. There are so many choices but we have always found the most choices and the best customer service with www.caribbeanway.com. This Christmas we stayed at Caye Blanche villa in St. Martin - amazing - call them and ask to speak to chelsea - very nice girl. Have a good trip. <BR> <BR>Ryan

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 02:39 PM
Kim

We've never stayed in a private villa. What are the advantages/disadvantages of villa vs. hotel/resort. I always thought a villa would be too remote and would not offer enough activites (i.e. pools) for kids. Would you suggest one for a family vacation wtih teenagers. If so, where?

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 06:28 AM
Felix Little

Hi Kim & Debbie, <BR> <BR>You both have to try the villa experience. I must say that it offers everything a hotel does and more. Many have pools, beachfront, etc .... but the biggest thing is the personal staff. Sounds expensive but for what it's worth it really isn't that costly. I have traveled several times on villa vacations to Barbados (many amazing villas) - As in Ryan's case, i have found CaribbeanWay.com to be very helpful in my villa search and i have planned my last 5 vacations through them - if you call, ask for Chelsea - very sweet girl and very knowledgeble. If traveling as a family or in a large group - a villa is defenitely the way to go. <BR> <BR>Felix

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 10:16 AM
ohliz

We've done the villa thing in Jamaica several times. It's a great way to do it with a large group and can be much cheaper than a hotel if you have enough people. <BR> <BR>Amenities depend on the villa. Some are like mansions, some are like regular private homes. Most I've seen have pools. <BR> <BR>My only complaint about the ones we've rented are they were far from anything but other villas so to go out to eat or get to the beach, (or get away from all the people you're staying with) we needed a car. That was in Ironshore, outside MoBay. A villa in Negril would be different, there would be taxis <BR> <BR Liz

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 08:54 PM
Laurie

My favorite villa is located on the east end of St. Thomas on top of Cabrita Point. You have a 360 view of the B.V.I's, St. John, Great Bay and Red Hook Harbor.It's 7000 sq. ft. of luxurious island living. This place is a dream come true. Just check out the web site www.fantasia.vi

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 09:10 AM
Debbie

Thanks everyone for your replies. I would like to get a family vacation planned which would include around 13 people, if I can talk them all in to going. That's why I thought a villa would be perfect. First hand experience is always better and I appreciate your input. I agree that having a staff to cook is VERY appealing. I've found that usually the cook is included in the weekly rate when renting in Barbados and Jamaica. Anybody else out there have a suggestion?