Reload this Page >

Family All Inclusive vacation with 12 year old

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2001, 06:30 AM
Stephen Schulz

PLEASE HELP! <BR>I will be taking my wife and 12 year old daughter on A 10-day vacation around the middle of june. I am looking for an all inclusive property anywhere in the carribean or Playa Del Carmen/Mayan suncoast area of Mexico. I don't think Cancun is an option for us, due to the posts I've read concerning rough water, and the over commercialization of the area. <BR> My wife and I have been on two carribean cruises about 15 years ago-(seven days each-out of San juan, lower carribean,) so we have seen bits and pieces of many islands on single day visits. We also spent A weeks Vacation at Shaw Park Beach Hotel in Ocho Rios, Jamaica five years ago. <BR> My daughter's warm-beach experience has been on florida beaches, and A four day family stay at the Allegro Resort in Puerto Vallarta (PV is not an option either, due to the polluted water conditions we encountered.) <BR> We will probably fly out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA, And have booked packages with Apple Vacations, And Funjet Vacations in the past. <BR> As of now, I am seriously considering the Gala Resort, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. <BR> That's our background. <BR> That's What we know. <BR> Where shall we go??? <BR>HERE'S THE CRITERIA: <BR> ALL INCLUSIVE ON A GOOD BEACH WITH GOOD WATER/SWIMMING <BR> FAMILY-FRIENDLY WITH SOME CHILDREN AROUND MY DAUGHTERS AGE <BR> PROPERTY AROUND 150-300 ROOMS WITH SOME EARLY EVENING ENTERTAINMENT/FLOOR SHOW <BR> LOW RISE PROPERTY/SMALLER RANGE WOULD BE EXCELLENT <BR> A BEACH THAT'S NOT ELBOW TO ELBOW WITH PEOPLE, AND WHERE THE LOCALS (VENDORS) ARE'T SO DEMANDING THEY RUIN MY VACATION <BR> A COMMON-SENCE SAFE LOCATION, SO I WON'T FEEL LIKE I NEED TO WATCH MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER EVERY MINUTE <BR> ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE <BR> WELCOME. WE'RE NOT WEALTHY BY ANY MEANS, BUT I'VE SAVED MY NICKLES AND DIMES FOR A WHILE, AND I'M FLEXIBLE ON $$$. A GREAT VALUE FOR THE MONEY IS ALWAYS NICE,THOUGH. <BR> Thank you in advance for all your suggestions. Stephen Schulz

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 03:43 AM
Sandye

Hi Stephen: <BR>Have a look in the brochures at Club Maeva in Manzanillo, Mexico. We were there 2 years ago with our kids and we had a great time. Safe resort, with the things you are looking for. Also, consider Holiday Inn Sunspree in Jamaica for a great time for kids. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 05:38 AM
Eileen

You will see from other posts that I recommend this property a lot for families and no, I am not an owner there or a travel agent, just someone who went last March and think it meets all your criteria -- La Cabana Resort in Aruba. Beach was spectacular, you can walk for miles, you can spread out. Lots of kids, condo-style accommodations, gameroom, great pools for pre-teens, dunkin donuts on premises, walk to outback steakhouse, convenience store on premises, Aruba was safe, clean, friendly. www.lacabana.com

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 07:09 AM
kim

<BR>I'm with Sandy, Manzanillo Mexico was a great time for my son [10], he was very upset when we had to leave. We did not stay at Club Maeva but went by it and met people who did like it due to lots of kids and activities for them. We stayed at Blue Bay when we were there and that was a lot of fun with activities and horses, but kind of far to get to the rest of the areas {1 hr.away]. Maeva is much closer. Strange thing is we are leaving for Holiday Inn Sunspree on the 13th of Jan. and have heard that it is great for children. I will come back to this board and let you know how it went when we return. Hoping for as great a time in Jamaica as we have had in our previous 3 trips to Mexico.

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 10:40 AM
claire

Hi Stephen! I can recommend the Gala - we are returning for our 2nd time with our 8-year old. Wonderful kids programs, great wide beach (much less crowded than others on the strip - no hotel to one side),vendors not a problem, 3 stories high and main part 300 rooms (I hear they've recently built a new hacienda section which will add 150 rooms), nightly entertainment that always included something for the kids. Very safe area close to many sites and attractions - ecological parks, ruins, town of Playa del Carmen, ferry to Cozumel, etc. E-mail me for details.

Old Jan 2nd, 2001, 06:00 PM
4pacs

I agree with claire, PDC is great for families. Have been there twice with our kids 9 and 12. The Gala is very nice but the Allegro might be cheaper and it is very nice. The kids program is come as you like, my kids loved the director. They went on hikes, played bball and beach soccer. not just little kids stuff like some clubs. The setting is safe and seclude, beaches are great and water is usaully crystal clear. Not good for snorkeling, but you can see your feet six feet out. We have been alot of places and would definately return to PDC. If you book Allegro, you can ferry over to Cozumel and play at the Allegro Coz. Awesome snorkeling, same all inc for the day. PDC has a three story limit on all buildings, town is small and very ethnic. Good deals. Allegro or Gala are walking distance or a bike ride away. Have fun!!