FABULOUS RESTAURANT PART 2

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 05:49 AM
Hatty

FABULOUS RESTAURANT PART 2

the original post is getting quite crowded now but we felt we should reply as we are just back from Antigua. I'm not surprised that the Zanzi Bar is not mentioned in Fodors. We were most disappointed as we made a point of going after reading the posters review. Very mediocre service and food. Maybe its changed hands!?? In contrast we loved the Abracadabra restaurant in English Harbour- seafood is particularly wonderful.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 01:02 PM
june

To Hatty:
Re the Zanzi Bar
Oh dear! Don't tell me that YOU were offered Haagen Dazs AND fresh vegetables as well!!!!

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 10:16 AM
Joe

is there ever anything positive written in this site about Antigua? Beginning to wonder if it's worth going! It used to be a "dream" destination a few years ago and now it's more like a nightmare!!

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 05:42 AM
Jim

Joe,
Antigua is still a fabulous place to visit. I don't know Zanzibar, but Abracadabras and HQ down south, and a bunch of restaurants in the north, including Home, Chutneys, Amigos, the Beach, Le Bistro are all very good and worth visiting. People are friendly, the beaches are great, and despite it looking very brown and dry recently that does mean you don't have to worry about rain!

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 10:28 PM
Tom

to Jim and Joe
this site has recently been full of posters criticising Antigua.
Jim
You obviously enjoyed your holiday, but I always make sure that I enjoy mine,there's always something good to concentrate on; however I may decide that I wouldn't return. Would you return there?

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 08:52 AM
Jim

Tom,
Would I go back to Antigua? I already have booked again at the hotel I have stayed at for the last few years, and am currently trying to get the best air deal. Not a doubt about it!

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 11:53 AM
Chris

Hatti you must have been lucky we could not find zanzibar so we could not enjoy haagen dazs .Abracadabra was unfortunately closed but we did enjoy H.Q.with it's japanese & caribbean dishes and Chutneys with it's seafood & indian menus. We also went Amigos and believe it or not we had english fish & chips from a mobile wagon in Dickenson Bay .What internation cuisine Antigua offers.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 01:49 PM
jenni

Having looked at Fodors board this was the only message on restaurants I could find . We had limited money to spend on eating out but had been told that eating out was expencive .How wrong/// HQ and Trappers in English Habour and Fisherman's Whalf @ Chutneys all had menus at under US$ 10 . All had great food as well, never mind the cost . Our favourite was Chutneys as it was the nearest to the Barrymore Beach Club where we were staying .The hotel also had a good restaurant called Amigos

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Hilary

Doing research on a vacation in Antigua and don't want to go all.inc. How did you like the Barrymore Beach Club, Jenni? How were the rooms and beach? Thanks for any info.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:07 AM
Jim

We have stayed at Barrymore Beach Club each year for the past 6 years and are going back again next winter. Great apartments, lovely gardens, cute little beach and very private.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 04:01 AM
jenni

Hi Hilary We found that Barrymore Beach Club was just what we wanted .The rooms were large and well equiped .It had it's own beach and was in easy walking distance on Dickenbay .

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Hilary

Thanks Jim and Jenni for the info - much appreciated. Barrymore sounds like a definite possibility.