Experience renting a villa

Jan 25th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Gary

Experience renting a villa

Hi Folks,
Anyone have some words-of-wisdom about renting a villa on st. john? We want to plan our visit for july or august of this year. Can anyone recomend an agency they have had good experiences with? General comments?

Thanks

Feb 22nd, 2002, 11:37 AM
Lawren

I have rented only through Caribbean Villas. There prices are very reasonable, staff friendly, knowledgeable and available. They have a good website caribbeanvillas.com that will let you check availability and gives write ups on their properties.

You are looking at hurricane season though.

L

Feb 22nd, 2002, 11:53 AM
melissa

Gary,
We love renting villas down there. You really get a lot for the price, I think. The homes are usually beautiful and it is a treat to stay in them. Try for July to lessen your hurricane chances.
We have used "Catered To" twice - have been very happy with the houses themselves and generally their service. We like the Great Cruz Bay area best b/c it is relatively close to town (restaurants, grocery - there was a lot of "oh we forgot salt", or "hey we need more beer"). Rendevous, Hart, are all beautiful but more remote and the drive is pretty bumpy. On the second trip, we "failed to ask" if there was any construction going on next door and were awakened to tables saws and hammers at 8:00am during the week as a new house was going up. They discounted our rate, but I would have rather paid the full rate for quiet. Of course, I understand that construction is a reality - but I would not have gone to this house had I known. I suggest you ask any agency this question. We are heading down in 4 weeks - yahooo!

Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:22 AM
Bob

I have found the people at wheretostay.com to be very helpful.

Feb 24th, 2002, 11:12 PM
Nan

We are renting for the first time
through Lime da Coconut. The agent
seems very helpful. Renting a villa
called Argonauta. I hear it's beautiful
and the view "fabulous". Very close
to town.