exclusive Bermuda resort

Apr 20th, 2002, 05:43 AM
Alicia

exclusive Bermuda resort

My husband and I are looking for a small hotel in Bermuda. We do not want to stay at a Large resort. I'm really picky and want something exclusive with beautiful rooms. We love water sports and I love to shop.Does anyone know any high end places to stay?

Apr 20th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Parrot Mom

Recommend you go to..www.keyguide.com/cgi-local/index.cgi
These are Bermuda Obsessed People and know every little nook and cranny. As for the shopping, well Front Street is heaven for shoppers..I don't think Parrot Pop thinks the same way nor does my credit card appreciate all the use..lol

Apr 20th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Bermuda Agent

Pompano Beach, The Reef, Ariel Sands are all good choices.

Apr 21st, 2002, 05:31 PM
Liz

By far my favorite place to stay is Cambridge Beaches. It is expensive - and exclusive. It is located far away from the main town (Hamilton) but there is a ferry within walking distance that makes it convenient. A friend of mine went there on her honeymoon last July and loved it. Good luck, Liz

Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:28 AM
Tanya

Aerial Sands is a good choice. Quiet with private beach. 10 minute cab ride to Hamilton (shopping) and on the bus route. You may also want to check out Waterloo House in downtown Hamilton. It is situated just outside of the main downtown core of Hamilton directly on the water. Great food, service. Although you can't swim in the ocean from there, they do use the Coral Beach Club facilities and have a shuttle to take you back and forth. Coral Beach is on the south road and has great facilities!!

Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:44 AM
Beth

Hubby and I went a few years back to the Reefs. The room, food, service was exceptional. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Check out their site (www.thereefs.com. From what I understand they've gone through a major rehab of the entire resort. It's quite small and about 10 minute cab ride into town. Enjoy!

Jun 17th, 2002, 03:03 PM
JAn

I love the Reefs, and haven't been back since their renovation last year. Our room was decent, but I would not call it luxurious. There are MANY good reasons for staying at The Reefs, but I don't think outstanding rooms is one of them (but again, they are good.)
Our room at Horizons $ Cottages last summer was much nicer (very spacious and everything feels private; Floris toiletries,) and is a classic cottage colony on a hillside. A member of the Relais & Chateau group, its a classy Bermuda experience, and the pool makes your feel like your very well-off friend let you have the villa. Downside: the beach is a short (but up-and-down hills) walk away. Choose either the free public beach, or pay a $15 (approx) surcharge to use its sister property, the Coral BEach Club (we loved it, even though it is annoying at these prices.) Excellent food, and there are dining privileges at its sister properties at the Waterloo House in Hamilton and Coral Beach Club. The helpful staff can make anything happen. On-site 9-hole mashie golf course, but access elsewhere.

I haven't stayed at Cambridge BEaches, but have only heard good things. This might be just what you are looking for -- secluded, but all the amenities right at hand, including small pocket beaches and a spa, water taxi to Hamilton, etc. Ariel Sands also is in this vein, but I think Cambridge edges out AS in luxury. I've visited both for dinner (both very good!), but that's the extent of direct experience.

Shopping is good, not outstanding (but I shop some of the world's major shopping areas.) REcommend: CEcile's for apparel (Pucci, Lily Pulitzer, upmarket resort wear), CAlypso for apparel and interesting "stuff," the Linen Shop, the tableware shop across the street from the Linen Shop, and any of the traditional Bermuda department stores for good prices on classic cashmere, perfume, etc.

Jul 9th, 2002, 11:25 AM
charlene

Just returned from Cambridge Beaches and we absolutely loved it, including our 17 yr old son! Beaches aren't as wonderful as south shore area, everything else made up for them. We rented sunfish, boston whalers, they arranged scuba trips, golf outtings. The food was out of this world, we did dine around to the Reefs - it was good but only their inside restaurant is offered on the dine around - too stuffy!