Reload this Page >

Harmony Club Bermuda for honeymoon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 03:24 AM
Steph

Harmony Club Bermuda for honeymoon? Any thoughts or opinions on this? Please let me know asap. We are loking for a real nice accomodation. This includes food & drinks, in the price.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Island Girl

Steph: It depends what you want. Harmony Club is a very nice place with a great staff but it's not for everybody. I stayed there once for a long weekend and I liked it however, it wasn't fancy. For your honeymoon you may want something a bit more upscale (and on the beach or the water). You won't find a lot of all-inclusive prices in Bermuda and I would caution you that the places that offer it (Harmony Club and Grotto Bay) are more moderate. You might want to consider Ariel Sands, The Reefs, Pink Beach Club, Pompano Beach Club.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:44 PM
anon

On my honeymoon and again one year later and then on 5th anniversary we contacted the chamber of commerce in Bermuda and found several wonderful B and B's that were so cheap. Every day we had a huge breakfast with lots of banannas from their yard, and pancakes or eggs or whatever we told them we wanted. The we were off on our motor bikes to a different remote beach each day. We dined on the way home in town for fish and chips some days or made reservations at a different hotel each night. If we didn't go to a hotel for dinner, we made the reservation for drinks and dancing. We became friendly with the Talbots, a local band and followed their rotating schedule so visited many hotels. It was so inexpensive we were able to afford one month for the honeymoon and flew down and sailed back on a cruise ship. We stopped at the travel agent on Front street when we were there and if they have an opening on a ship, they sell you the room much cheaper since it is empty and whatever they can get is better than nothing. So we traded in our return flight tickets. Now that we are older we tend to stay at an AI resort but I would definitely recommend looking into the other.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 03:21 AM
Susan

Anon -<BR><BR>Hi, it is me again! I like reading your advice, you usually have alot good information. It seems like you traveled alot! In anycase, which good B&B would you recommend? We would like to visit 9/28-10/5.<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>Susan

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 06:42 AM
gina

I have stayed at Cambridge Beaches, and thought that it was too far out of the way and a little too upscale for me. Ariel Sands is a very small laid back property that I loved. The Grotto Bay is a nice property, but a little to close to the airport for me. Daniel's Head is a newer resort that offers over the water bungalows! Very cool if you are into that. My all time favorite resort was the Elbow Beach! The best beach on Bermuda in my opinion! I personally would never stay at the Harmony Club. It isn't on the beach, you have about a 10 minute walk. The food was not the best, and some of the rooms have not been renovated. The plus is that this is the only all inclusive adult only property. A really cute and smaller property that not very many know about is the Surfside Cottages. Romantic, beautiful grounds, and intimate for a honeymoon. Hope this helps!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 07:06 AM
penny

I agree with Gina! The Surfside is lovely and they have recently renovated some of the rooms. We have stayed there over 15 times! A few years ago I recommended it to my friends son for his honeymoon! They loved it and Bermuda. <BR>Bermuda is really not an all inclusive island. Lots of casual and less expensive places to enjoy! The Sufside has a great view, and a lovely dining spot overlooking the water. <BR>Daniels head has closed!<BR>I agree about the Grottos location!<BR>It is a wonderful island.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 02:55 AM
dn

Harmony Club for $1000 per day with all food and booze included. Is this the one you are talking about?