Dunnes river falls

Old Mar 13th, 2000, 08:03 PM
Lydia

Dunnes river falls

Can anyone give and info on climbing the falls...do I need special shoes etc?? My 10 year old daughter and 75 year old father will be along..

Old Mar 14th, 2000, 03:06 AM
Bex

Buy some surf/beach shoes at Kmart. They are under $10. You can rent some at the falls but who knows who wore them before you *G*

Old Mar 14th, 2000, 01:54 PM
IslandAnne

I've climbed the falls 3 times and it's an experience not to be missed. It is a bit of a climb, depending on how full the falls are. You climb as a "human chain" with Jamaican guides in the lead. Depending on the physical fitness of your father and daughter, they may choose to watch from one of the outlooks. I wore reef shoes which I brought with me for the same reason Bex gave for not renting. The shoes came in handy on other occasions, also. Have fun in Jamaica!

Old Mar 14th, 2000, 10:39 PM
Laurie

Make sure you bring an underwater camera along, the Jamician guys will take your picture the whole lenght of the falls.

Old Mar 15th, 2000, 06:17 PM
Kim

Climbed them last yr had a blast. Its alot of fun!!!

Old Mar 19th, 2000, 07:26 AM
Judy

Our family of 18 went at Christmas and it was so fun! We took a sailboat to the Falls which I would highly recommend -it was as much fun as the falls. Hope your dad is in good health because there's lots of places he could fall.