Search

drinks in aruba ;)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 1999, 03:15 PM
jenny

drinks in aruba ;)

Hello, <BR>I'm going to Aruba in Oct. I am curious about drink costs. Do hotels have good happy hours? Any good drinking spots on the beach? I am staying at the Wyndham..I wonder how much they are there. I just got back from Cancun, Hyatt Caribe, and we spent $30.00 in about 20 minutes on drinks!!! I am not doing the all-inclusive so i need to know! Anyone who knows about this, please let me know. You know where my priorities are!!!jenny

Old Aug 17th, 1999, 04:30 AM
Lee

Jenny: Drinks are expensive, especially on the beach. Some hotels have Happy Hour, but not all. <BR> <BR>I'd just drink an Amstel ("local" beer, cheaper, but better) or two during the day and have some wine with dinner. I don't drink much so it doesn't cost me much, either. <BR> <BR>I know of a couple that went and were drunk most of the time (imagine, go to Aruba and spend all your time at the hotel bar!), but they went all-inclusive. That's the only way to go in that case. <BR> <BR>Food and drinks are expensive, but if you watch what you do, you'll be fine. <BR> <BR>Have fun, it's a great place!

Old Aug 17th, 1999, 08:21 AM
Amy

Aruba has excellent restaurants and they are not expensive unless you drink. Drinks are high..I remember that a Mud Slide was around $6.

Old Aug 17th, 1999, 09:35 AM
james

just got back from aruba (hyatt) and would finish off the day with a pina colda $5.50 or a beer $4.50 and they expected a tip on top of that. Which I felt was high. Every afternoon at 5p.m. on the water in front of the Hyatt they have a 2 for 1 happy hour til 6 p.m., but I still feel the best deal is to pack a collaspible ice chest, take a cab to the local supermarket and buy beer, also the duty free shops at the airport are amazingly cheap on their hard liquors. have a great time. jb

Old Aug 17th, 1999, 01:39 PM
Eliza

Hi Jenny, Just curious...I'm looking to go to the Wyndham in Aruba. How much are you paying for your package and where are you flying from? Where did you purchase your package? Thanks!

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 12:51 PM
Nadine

If I can just add to what James said, you can also do the "2for1" Happy Hour at the DePalm Pier (in front of the Wyndham) and the Holiday Inn Pier. When my husband and I stayed at what is now the Allegro we made sure that we visited all those piers at the right time.